Chapter 3

Chapter 3

<ok people.tnx a lot for reading but i really dont know if you like it or not because so few people comment or vote.please comment and tell me what you think.ps as far as I know 'The Last Five Fights' isn't a real movie. : )>

Nicci had been driving and on our way to the mall we decided to watch 'The Last Five Fights'.  I opened my door and was just getting out of the car when something hit the car door. 

Looking at my door I saw that another car door had knocked into it. "Hey!  Watch it or I'll . . .", I started to yell as I looked up to see who was such an idiot. 

"Oh.  My.  God", I whispered.  There, standing in front of me, was like the cutest guy I had ever seen and I was just totally sure he was MY guy.  "I'm so, so  sorry!"  he said. 

I was completely speechless - something that happens once in a blue moon.  I stared at him for what seemed like centuries to me but was only about a minute in reality.  Finally I managed to say weakly "It's ok.  It was just an accident." 

He laughed and asked me if he could make up for it by taking us to see a movie to.  Finding my voice I said "No it's ok" but pleadingly I added "You can still come with us you want." 

With a twinkle in his gorgeous brown eyes he said "Ok.  What are you going to watch?"  "Um -" I started to say but Nicci answered "The Last Five Fights."

He lifted his eyebrow "Really?  It's pretty cool though.  You girls liking action movies."  Then he added "I'm Jason by the way.  Jason Summers and you?"

"I'm Cara Key" I said, recovering my voice, "and this is Nicci Spence." "So.  Do you wanna go get tickets or what?" he asked.  We got three tickets for 'The Last Five Fights'.

When we got to our seats, Nicci moved in first, allowing me to sit next to Jason.  She is so cool and understanding sometimes.

We sat and talked till the movie started.  Then we sat back and Jason's hand and mine just sort of gravitated towards each other.  We were about to take hands when I guess we both realized what we were doing and suddenly pulled back.

The movie was really cool and afterwards we went to a coffee shop where we had cake and exchanged phone numbers.  After about half an hour Jason said goodbye because he had to leave.

We sat a little while longer and then I said "We should go too, Nicci."  She looked at me and said "You go on.  I'll see you later."  I was a little surprised cause she didn't normally stay in a public place alone after everyone else had gone home.

"Ok", I said.  "I'll call you later"  She just nodded and I left.

                                                               ***

"We should go too, Nicci." I heard Cara say.  But I didn't want to go just yet so I said "You go on.  I'll see you later."  "Ok.  I'll call you later" she replied, looking surprised.

As soon as she was out of sight, I walked over to the guy I'd been watching ever since we first came into the coffee shop.  I know Cara totally adores Jason but this  guy is more my type.  Anyway, even if I did like Jason I wouldn't go for him 'cause Id seen guys who suit me better - and also I don't wanna hurt Cara.

As soon as I got to his table I asked "May I sit here?"  He looked up and said "Yeah, sure."  "I'm Nicci Spence." I said nervously "What's your name?"  "Mike Mason" came his reply. 

"So, you wanna go to the lake tomorrow?"  he asked me. "I love going to the lake, it's so beautiful there."    "Which lake?" I asked "There are so many lakes round here."  "Oh" he said, looking taken aback "I don't know it's name but I guess it'll make it all the more interesting if it's a surprise.

"Ok.  Sure" I said "Can you give me your cell phone number?" "Certainly." he told me his number, asking for mine in return.  I gave him my number and then asked where I should meet him tomorrow.  "How about here in this little shop at 10 AM." he said, winking. 

Regretfully I said "I have to go.  See you tomorrow?" "Yip." he said "Bye" "Bye" I answered.  I don't live to far from the mall so I walked home.  About 20 minutes after I'd gotten home, Cara called and asked what happened.  I guess she knows me to well to think I just wanted to familiarise myself with the mall or something.

I told her everything that happened since she left and about going to 'the lake' tomorrow.  She said she was happy for me and she wanted to meet him some time.  After that we said goodbye and I put down the phone.

I can't wait till tomorrow!!

                                                               ***

When Nicci and I had finished talking, I decided to call Jason and ask him if he would like to go ice skate with me tomorrow.  He said he'd love to.  Now Nicci and I both had 'dates' for tomorrow and was so happy I could jump outa my skin.

When I woke up the next morning I put on an outfit identical to the one I wore yesterday except that it was totally black.  I also took my black ice skates with me.  Getting in my car I drove to the mall and went to the coffee shop where I would meet Jason.

What a nice surprise. "Nicci?" I asked.  She turned around.  "Oh, hi Cara.  I'm meeting Mike in a few minutes.  What are you doing here?"  I smiled "After I talked to you last night, I called Jason and asked if he would like to go ice skating with me and he said yes.  Such a coincidence we decided to meet at the same place."

Her face lit up. "You can meet Mike if he gets here before Jason!" She said just before squealing "There he is!"  He came over and said to me "Hi.  I'm Mike."  "Yeah.  I heard you and Nicci are going to a lake.  I'm waiting here for my friend Jason.  Nice meeting you."

Mike and Nicci left just before Jason got there.  Smiling, he hugged me and said "Hi.  Wanna get going?  I'm dieing to get onto the ice again."

So we left for the ice skating rink.  We had a wonderful time, skating hand in hand for a few hours.  When we'd gotten tired of ice skating, I suggested we go to a park somewhere in the area.

We walked around in the park and when we walked past the woods . . . a man jumped out from behind a tree holding a knife.  I nimbly grabbed my daggers out of my boots. 

Looking up I saw Jason also take a dagger out of his boot - yeah, he was also wearing boots. 

We stared at each other in shock - neither of us expected the other to have a dagger.