CHAPTER ONE, reuniting with an old friend

Start from the beginning

Victor looks slightly panicked and he looks at his team. "Everybody out! My niece is naked."

Winnie and the boys start to leave. "I'm not naked!" Ashely hisses. "I'm just in my pajamas."

"Oh," Victor nods, looking more relaxed than before. "Then what's the big deal?" He looks at his team who was now at the back door. "Everybody stay!" 

Winnie groans, walking back into the house with the boys. "Coach, just make up your mind."

Ashley looks at Victor worriedly. "The pajamas you got me for my birthday."

Victor smiles at her. "The fuzzy ones?" He looks at his team with a smile. "Oh. Cutest jammies ever. There's this tail." He commented and the boys smiled and nodded. 

Winnie grimaces upon hearing that and sighs, dropping her head. "Oh, Coach."

Victor looks at her with furrowed eyebrows. "What?"

"Here's a tip," Winnie looks back at him and shakes her head, using the 'no' arm gesture. "Never get girls those kind of pajamas." Her eyebrows furrow together, and she tilts her head to the side. "I mean, unless the girls want them."

Victor nods. "Noted."

"Tio Victor, I don't want to meet anyone wearing these." Ashley said to her uncle.

"Got it." Victor points at her and nods. He grabs Ashley's robe from Stick and gestures for them to turn around. "Everyone, turn around."

"Yes, sir." Winnie and the boys responded, and they each turned around as Victor handed Ashley her robe. Victor stood off to the side and turned around as well to let Ashley put her robe without anyone seeing her pajamas. 

Ashley uncovers herself and quickly stands up. While she was unfolding the robe, Tad, the quarterback of the football team, walks in through the other back door that's on the other side of the room. He shrugs. "Sorry I'm late."

"Oh." Ashley panicked, putting the robe in front of herself. 

Victor glances over at Tad, pointing at him and demands, "Turn around!"

Winnie side glances at Tad, facepalming when Tad does a 360 and then faces Victor. Victor sighs. "Halfway."

"Sorry." Tad apologetically smiles, looking confused as he turns around. "I wasn't here for the rules." Victor turned back around and a few moments later Ashley was robed.

"Okay, I'm robed." Ashley informed everyone.

Victor glances over his shoulder, making for sure that his niece was robed before he says, "Everyone, at ease." Everyone turns around. "Tad, Winnie, Stick, Cash, Kesler, Bernie," He walks over to stand by his niece and points at her. "This is Ashley." He wraps his arm around Ashley, the both of them facing the team who walks over to stand in front of them. "I don't have to tell you to be gentlemen." He glances at Winnie. "Or kind to her." 

"Let's start over, shall we?" Stick said, walking over to Ashley once Victor took his arm off her shoulders. Stick smiles at her and reaches a hand out. "Stick Goldstein, equipment manager." 

Ashley shakes his hand and she smiles back at him. Winnie walks over to them, looking at Ashley with a wide smile. "And you already know who I am." 

"Of course I do." Ashley smiled widely and the two girls hugged. 

They pull away from the hug when Tad walks over to them. He smiles at Ashley. "I'm Tad."

Ashley stares at him dreamingly while shaking his hand. Winnie furrows her eyebrows, exchanging a confused look with Stick when a harp playing can be heard. "Where's that music coming from?" She asked.