Epilogue

Absolute peace.

That's what Klaus felt after he and Elijah's hearts stopped and they turned to ash. Death isn't what he expected. It's not fiery hot hell and living in agony for the wrongs you've made, it's quiet and light and smells of flowers. He looks around at the field of flowers in a purple tent. The field is full of roses, sunflowers, daisies, and many other wildflowers.

He smiles at the peace he felt, yet it wasn't over. He turned when he heard footsteps, he turns to see a girl with blonde hair flowing in the wind and a white dress on. Over the lighting, he couldn't see a face, but he did recognize her voice.

"Nik?" Mazikeen inquires.

"Mazzi?" He grins boyishly.

"What are you doing here? Nik, you can't be here. No, you-you can't be here, yo-you're immortal. Lunar and Hope and Skhylar need you, you can't be here!" She shouts, and he grabs her hands, intertwining their fingers.

"Love, I'm dead." He sighs, pulling her body to his. "Lunar almost died, but Elijah and I took the hollow into our bodies, used the White Oak stake, and now I'm here. With you."

She shakes her head. "My babies...they have no one anymore."

"That's not true, love. Skhylar and Lunar are staying with Freya and Keelin at the compound for a while. Caroline is tending to your other children, and Hope's with Rebekah. They will be fine, my love."

She nods and holds her hand out. "Come with me, Nik. We have an eternity together, for real this time."

"And eternity? With you? Sounds like peace to me."

"Agreed."