2

A couple of weeks later

"We need to talk about the Garcia case. There can't be a deal." Jack says as Elena picks up his call.

"Later, tonight" Elena says before she ends the call and goes into the courtroom.

Jack inhales deeply. Already his day started pretty shitty. And the news of the guy who was resposible for his partner's murder was trying to cut a deal.

"Here - a Cubano and a double shot espresso." Angel passes the sandwich and the coffee to Jack.

"Thanks." Jack says and slides into the Maserati GranTurismo Sport.

Angel gets into the car as well, taking the call from Dr Bennett, the specialist trace evidence lab tech.

"The fibers match. She was in that house." Bonnie says.

"Right." Angel mutters and as he ends the call, he conveys the message to Jack.

"I knew it." Jack wraps half of the sandwich up. "We're arresting that scum."

*
Hours later

"Another day at "the office" done." Angel says as he walks out of the OCB building followed by Jack.

"Yeah" Jack checks his phone. There are several messages from Elena running late.

"Get her flowers." Angel says.

"What?" Jack slings a wide-eyed look at his new partner.

"It's Valentine's!" Angel points out.

"Elena and I are not - we're just - friends." Jack explains, fumbling with his phone as he sends another message to his sister.

"Right. Sorry. I totally misread - things." Angel inhales, putting his hands up apologetically.

Jack waves it off. "I will see you tomorrow. Downtown."

"Dale." Angel checks out. "Later."

Jack nodds, and slips into his car. As he starts his car, the radio belts a song that hits him. His mind sways to a moment several months back.

Flashback

The sun sank down into the sea, leaving heather-purple shades in the twillight sky. Elena went on retelling him something of her day in her usual manner. She turned to him. Her soft brown eyes smiled at him.

His gaze roamed over her face like a caress, locking his eyes with hers.

And for a moment there, everything was like a mad enchanted moment.

He slid his hand up her neck and leaned to her and kissed her.

Delicious warmth spreads right through him as he thinks of that evening a few months back.

He exhales.

They dismissed the kiss. They couldn't go there. They blurred the lines that evening. They decided that even hooking up again would damage their friendship.

But there was more underneath it all.

He messed up. The night they spent, declared as a hook up later, was more. So much more. But he ran away from his feelings.

there's just an empty space
But to wait for you, is all I can do and that's what I've got to face
Take a good look at me now, 'cos I'll still be standin' here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've gotta take

*

At the County Court

"Ready for a Mojito? Bonnie said as Elena came out of the building.

"So ready. But just the one. I said I will see Jack." Elena replies.

"How is he doing?"

"Ok. Better. He hit it off with his new partner Angel. From Narcotics. NYPD."

"But he is from Miami originally." Bonnie says as the women walk to their respective cars.

"Right. I really hope it works out. Jack needs someone who will have his back."

"Elena," Bonnie stops, turning to her friend, "I know you and Jack are - whatever you are - I know you have this soft spot for him- and the hook up was more for you- "

"Please, Bon. It was not. It was just a hook up." Elena cuts in."We made it crystal clear. We're friends. We are not crossing the line. Ever again." Elena says, reassuringly.

"I'm sorry that I'm bringing this up."

"I know where you're coming from. No bad. Valentine's Mojito is waiting for us. Come on." Elena gestures to her friend to get going.

_to be continued

*
a/n: so, there is change in cast. Jack's partner is Angel Reyes-

 Jack's partner is Angel Reyes-

Clayton Cardenas
*

_Yep. I am gonna have different characters crossing over from different shows I like.

_Adding also, Danny Pino as the Detective Lieutenant Nick Amaro as the the commander of the Organized Crime Bureau, Vice Division.

My imagination is unleashed. ☺😉😀

Thanks for reading.🥰