Chapter 2

UPDATED

Hours have passed since Michizou last left his room. Having not even touched the door handle since Jouno came to check on him. The thought of Jouno coming when he was having a breakdown begins to sneak it's way back into Michizou's mind as he thinks over the events from the last few hours.

'Why am I thinking about that?..' Michizou asks himself.

'God.. you're so useless! He obviously knew something was up!..' He yells at himself, tears beginning to roll down his cheeks. Next thing heard is a loud bang. Michizou falling to his knees with his back to the door. The words of his so called "family" seeping their way into his head. To the point where it's no longer a breakdown. Rather a panic attack.

"You're useless." "Why did you live instead of him?" "You should've died instead."

That was all Michizou could hear. The voices blocking out any other sounds.

"Stop... I didn't choose this... please stop..." Michizou mumbles, covering his ears with his hands as his body slowly rocks back and forth.

[ main room ]

"The hell?" Jouno wonders, Teruko and Tecchou looking over at him.

"Heh? What's wrong, Jouno?" Teruko asks, an annoyed tone in her voice. A few moments pass where he doesn't answer, before Jouno gets up and nearly flies out of the room.

"Jouno!! Where are you going!?" The girl yells, groaning at the lack of answer and looks over at Tecchou, who has a subtle confused look in his face.

Jouno quietly runs down the long hallway, making his way over to Michizou's room. Where he can still hear the sound of crying from. Jouno stops for a few seconds once he makes it to the younger Hunting Dogs room. Ultimately deciding to bust down the door, rather than knocking. Knowing it'll be the same outcome as last time. So he does as so. Jouno knocks down the wood door in one kick. Finding Michizou in the middle of a panic attack. Causing him to quickly go to the others side.

He kneels down beside Michizou, slowly putting his arms around him and pulling him closer to Jounos chest, slowly stroking the back of his head with his finger, while his other hand is moving up and down Michizou's arm soothingly. Trying his best to calm the younger Hunting Dog down.

"Shh... it's alright, I'm right here.." Jouno says calmly with a soothingly and sweet tone.

"Please ma-ke it stop..." Michizou mumble, his voice breaking. Jouno is clearly confused but decides to ignore his confused and puts his focus on calming the boy down. Meanwhile, Teruko and Tecchou hear all the commotion and runs to the room it's all coming from. Michizou's room. Where they find Jouno trying to comfort and calm down Michizou.

"What the hell happened!?" Teruko quietly yells to Jouno, a look or confusion and a bit of worry on the girls face.

"Panic attack." Jouno says bluntly. Taking a few moments before deciding to elaborate/explain a bit more.

"I heard his crying earlier as well. His constant working must be to distract himself from his, well, emotions." A slightly sad tone in his voice.

Michizou's sobs begin to become louder while the other two kneel down. Jouno turning his full attention back to the crying boy.

"There, there.. it's okay, no one can hurt you here..." Jouno continues to try and calm him down. Continuing to stoke the back of his head and arm.

"We're right here.." Teruko sighs, slowly placing a hand on his back and rubbing it slowly. Clearly not very good at comforting people, but is still trying to help the best she can, without cringing.

"..promise?.. they can't hu-rt me?..." Michizou asks, his voice breaking again due to his sobs, while Tecchou nods, placing a hand on his thigh. Michizou slowly nods, his sobs slowly quieting and calming, though the grip he has on Jounos uniform shirt, not loosening. Meanwhile, Tecchou begins to hum a calming melody, helping the young Hunting Dog calm down. The tear stains still clear on his cheeks but the general tears slowly but surely begin to fade. After another few minutes, Michizou is alsmot completely calm.

"Better?" Jouno asks, still in a calm voice, Michizou nods.

"Sorry I cau-sed such a com-motion..." He apologizes, his voice continuously breaking. His tears coming back, as well as the voices he was hearing mere minutes ago. All of them, as well as a few newer, begin to replay in his head, his breathing quickening again and his tears flowing down his cheeks faster.

"Hey!" Teruko grabs his chin and makes Michizou looks at her. "I don't know whatever the hell you're hearing, but whatever it is, it's not true and it never will be!" She yells, the voices quieting.

"Hm. We're always around to help." Tecchou mumbles, a clam expression plastered on his face. Michizou looking over at Jouno, causing him to nod, knowing the boy was looking at him.

"They're right. Whatever they're saying isn't true. We're always around to listen." A small smile on Jounos face. All the voices of his family not gone, his breathing coming back to its normal pace and his tears stopping.

"There you go." Teruko mumbles, also having a slight smile on her face, though if asked she'll never admit it. Jouno still rubbing the back of Michizou's head and one of his arms.

"Th-ank you.." His voice breaks. Teruko and Jouno still having a small smile on their faces. Teruko slowly shuffles over closer to Michizou and places her head against the side of his, Jounos hands still his their same places.

"You can talk to us whenever, alright?" The blind Hunting Dog says. Tecchou nodding in agreement.

"Okay.." Michizou quietly replies, snuggling his head more into Jounos chest and, slowly but surely, falling asleep, his comrades, and friends, all around him to keep him safe.

Word Count: 996
Updated: 16/09/23