Eddie x Josh: 2am Phonecall

Eddie's POV
There was a buzzing sound coming from my bedside table, and I groaned. "What the..." I said groggily, rubbing my eyes with a yawn. The bright phone screen made me squint at the contact name, my eyes instantly lighting up when I saw it.
Josh was calling me. I didn't know why he was calling me so late at night, but my heart still fluttered at the thought of his voice. Just the mere thought of him was enough to make me turn a dark shade of red. Play it cool, Eddie. Play it cool...
"H-Hello?" I answered nervously, hoping he didn't hear the excitement in my voice, "What's up?" "Hey, Eddie," Josh answered, making me silently smile to myself, "Sorry it's so late."
"It's okay," I answered, trying to contain my happiness, "Did you need something?" Josh was silent for a moment, a soft sigh escaping him. "I actually really needed to talk to someone right now," Josh said to me, making me realize something was wrong. "What happened?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows with concern, "Is everything okay?"
"Yeah... it's about Mully," Josh then answered, pausing before continuing, "Mullen and I broke up."
I sat in shocked silence for a second, not believing what he was saying. "What?" I answered, "I thought you two were happy together!" "We were," Josh sighed, and I could hear how stressed he was by his tone of voice, "I don't know how it happened so fast. One day we were fine then the next..." He choked back a sob, and my own eyes were tearing up as well. The tiredness I had felt when I first woke up had vanished, and I all I could feel was sorry for Josh. It left a huge ache in my heart to hear him cry.
"Hey, listen. It'll be okay, I promise," I said softly, swallowing a lump in my throat as I tried to remain strong for him. "It will work out in the end, Josh."
"I just..." He paused for a second, "I just really need someone with me right now." My face grew hot, and I shook my head. Don't be stupid Eddie. He doesn't mean it in a romantic way. You're his best friend. Be there for him.
"I'm on my way," I threw the bedsheet covers off me, ignoring my body's urge to fall back to sleep. "What?" Josh said to me, "Right now? But it's freezing outside and it's 2am!" "Nope, I'm already going," I answered, even after he tried to protest again, "Nope. My shoes are on already."
Josh was silent, but I was already grabbing my keys and throwing on my jacket. Even if a large gust of cold wind blew my hair back, I didn't care. "Eddie..." Josh said quietly, making me stop, "You don't have to do this for me. I'm not worth the trouble." "Josh, it's okay," I told him reassuringly with a smile, "I'm here for you. I'll be there in a few minutes okay?"
I could hear a soft cry from Josh as he said, "You know, your the best person anyone can ask for." I realized it was the first time he had ever said that to me, and he... he didn't call me his friend that time.
I laughed shyly, not wanting for him to know how happy I was hearing him say that. "Hey, just hang on tight," I answered, "I'll be there in a few minutes."

A/N: Hope you all enjoyed :) Pt.2 coming soon! Thank you for the support so far you all are amazing <3