2) A project and a umbrella

Marinette opened her lunch box and ate silently. Instead of eating her dumplings, she preferred looking over to Lila's table. As she was sipping her coffee, she heard a familiar voice.

" Hey Mari!" The bluenette turned around; no one, "Did you know that Lila's cousin with Ladybug?" Alya, her best friend popped up in front of her smiling, while placing her lunch in front of her. Marinette, hearing the news, chocked on her first dumpling, coughing. Unfortunately, the chocking became violently worse and severe, as Marinette became light blue. With effort, Alya slapped her hand over the table to help her friend push off the food. A few seconds later, Marinette felt a hard (and harsh) tap on her back. That pushed the slimy dumpling on the table. She turned around slowly to see her savior ; Hawkmoth....

Dun-Dun...Dun! Jk it ain't him

... Lila.

"Are you okay, Mari?" She asked with a FAKE caring voice. Marinette winced at the nickname.

"I'm fine." She snapped. Alya frowned at her with the 'Thank your savior' face, crossing her arms. "Thank you." Marinette rolled her eyes. Her friend smiled and motioned Lila to sit next to her. (Marinette didn't like the move). Alya looked at Lila with Charlotte La Bouff eyes.

"Lila, tell her that your cousin's Ladybug!" She whispered specifically on the last part. Lila rolled her eyes playfully, as if she 'didn't' want her to mention it.

"Okay, fine. But I don't want to tell you much, so that she doesn't get mad at me. Yes, Ladybug's my cousin, she shares very little Italian blood though. She's Korean and French." Marinette looked at her with a mocking smile. This girl clearly doesn't know that she's sitting across Ladybug, who's Chinese. She smirked and chuckled in her head. She would have heard all the lies and laughed at them but they were as disgusting as funny, so, she decided to leave.

"I need to go." She left in a flash, she even wondered if Alya cared. She would probably start going home for lunch now. At least, better excuses for mid-day akumas. during her short-walked joureney, she spotted Adrien walking towards her through the pathway leading to her classroom. His bag was hunched over his shoulder. He was coming back from home.

"Hey Marinette! I'm kinda in a hurry, so can you tell me if this joke's okay, it's too cheer up Nino from his DJ block." He stopped in front of her. she smiled warmly.

"Sure, what is it?" he leaned in to her ear and whispered the words, she burst out laughing. The joke was about Lila, and that made Marinette laugh even more, as it was a cat pun. She'd wish Chat Noir said something like that.

--------------

Felix watched as the bluenette laughed. He lightly smiled, he could hear and see that laugh everyday. But he quickly frowned at the person who made her laugh; his pathetic cousin. Frustrated, he packed his bags, stood from the bench, and walked silently to the bluenette. As he grew closer, he cleared his throat, for attention.

" Ms Dupain-Cheng, have you forgotten about the project?" Still in joyful tears, Marinette looked at him, confused.

" I believe you followed Bustier's words, we are partners for the project." Marinette stayed blank, then gasped. Felix turned to his cousin with expressionless blue, but terifying eyes.

"I'll c-catch up to you later." Adrien walked away, soon joining Nino.

"I suggest we work on it now, since it is a free period." He looked at the door to the class, not daring to glance a the girl, she smiled at him anyway.

"Sure let's head to class." Felix had the desire to smile back, but he didn't. he walked into the classroom as Marinette followed, and sat next to each other.

" So what's the subject, again?" Marinette nervously asked, not interested. Felix chuckled,

"You really didn't listen, did you?" She jumped a bit at his laugh. Did he just laugh? She pouted angrily and looked away, in response. He sighed

"The subject is about representation of friendship and love." She turned around.

"When is it due?"

"In 3 weeks." They sat in silence and stared at each other. This probably happened for seconds or minutes, they looked away, having a CERTAIN shade of red on their cheeks.

"We better start."

"Yeah."

They sat for hours, trying to find where to start. They both tried to pitch in ideas, but theere wasn't a way to present it. Besides, both of them couldn't quite hear each other despite the chit-chat in the class. One thing for sure was that Marinette was in charge of the representation and a bit of content, while Felix, the research. Although, Felix absolutely wanted to finish it in less than two days, which his partner partially agreed with. he did a little research on his laptop, and Marinette reading a psycological book. Time flew by, as the two teens did their tasks, reaching almost nowhere as the class emptied quickly. The blond boy stared at the window by his seat, scanning the dark clouds ahead, he glanced at the time on the screen; 5:49. definetly time to go home. He opend his mouth to speak, but his partner cut him off.

"We should go home." He widened his eyes a bit, suprised that she interupted.

"I agree." He replied packing his bag, Marinette stormed out the room quickly, as Felix followed her along the gate. He found her looking at the rain, streching her arm to feel it. The sky grumpily gave out lightning which made them jump. He walked towards, down the stairs in the rain. 

"Aren't you coming?" Marinette looked at him, wondering if the guy had common sense.

"It's raining, we can't walk in the rain, we'll get wet." Subsequently, dark green met bluebell. Felix's lips made a smile, a comforting smile. One that Marinette could stare and drool over it all day. Felix held a black umbrella from the side of his bag, and opened it.

"Not with your umbrella."

ok i finished this chapter; next one next sat I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! EEEEEEK

-Bug out!

Published: Feb 26 2022