Chapter 20

"Time and chance reveal all the secrets."-Delarivier Manley.

Part II

Xavier's POV:

The train races against the wild wind like a lightning bolt. An opening nears, under the tunnel of a colossal mountain and the bullet train passes through it.

The transparent glass doors and windows display the scenery of the outside world. My breathe hitches as the astonishing and magnificent sky glimmers with millions of stars in the heavens above.

The trees came rushing to our side and went pass us as the train moved without a single sound like a predator at an unbelievable speed.

There were dozens of mountains surrounding us with greenery draped over them. The moon painted every object under its mighty sight, giving them a light glow.

I stare at the breathtaking scene that hadn't stopped the moment this train started its journey to Willows town.

"This is just amazing. I'm actually riding this thing!" Emma's voice rings in my ears from across my leather seat.

I glance away from the beautiful sight, turning towards Emma who sat between Melissa and Aiden across me.

"I bet your neck hurts from staring outside for straight fifteen minutes." Aiden smirks at me, crossing his arms making me grin in response. It was worth it though.

He gets distracted when Emma and Melissa start squealing like seals upon seeing a large lake meters away from the terrain.

The guy was pretty busy trying to tame the wild girls, who were going berserk seeing nature's beauty. I tried my best so far to act mature or else I would end up crouching on my seat, facing the window like them.

There weren't many people in this cabin during this late at night. I felt Chloe squirm beside me and her head falling over my shoulder.

My body stiffens and I didn't realise that I held my breath.

I glance at Chloe who was busy taking her small nap as she didn't sleep since yesterday. A part of me was sad for all that she has to undergo.

I slightly try to sit up but causing Chloe to once again squirm in her sleep.

I clasp my hands on my lap trying not to move a muscle so she can rest.

I study her features. Her face glowed when the light from outside illuminated over her as she slept peacefully. A small crease forms over her forehead and I had to stop the urge to brush it off.

"Ooh, not gonna move or even twitch?" Mel wiggles her eyebrows and Aiden whistled softly.

I snap my head at them, groaning. All of them had a sly smirk plastered on their faces.

'Really? Now?' I mouth at them, wishing to remove their stupid smirks but that only helps in escalating it to a knowing grin shared between those three airheads.

I look away from them, slightly blushing.

I never knew my life would take such a drift. Everything changed since I met this hazel eyed girl.

"I never thought a crazy girl like her would steal hearts and gain trust." I glance at Melissa who wore a sad smile staring at Chloe's sleeping form.

She did.

Aiden's face falls as he stares at Chloe with an unreadable expression. I frown at him, he clears his throat catching our attention, and mine was already set on him.