$ 20 $

CHAPTER 20
·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

Fezco's grandma always used to give him life tips/rules.

One of those tips/rules was to stay out of people's shit. She told him he'd be better off staying out of what didn't involve him.

But anything that involved Star involved him. That's his girlfriend we're talking about. The first and only girl he's ever loved, despite also being told not to fall. The only person other than his grandma and Ash that he felt like he had to take care of, wanted to take care of. He wanted to protect her, and keep her safe.

And after making Star explain herself to him, he silently decided he was gonna take my suggestion and scare Nate.

Nate wasn't gonna do everything he did and fuck with Fez's girlfriend and just get away with it. Hell the fuck no.

Fez would be disobeying his grandma, but oh well. Wouldn't be the first rule of her's that he broke anyway.

Because after listening and watching Star cry her eyes out and explain everything and finally let out what she had been holding in during the whole Nate thing broke his fucking heart.

He'd seen her cry many times before–but this was different.

This wasn't because her favorite character in a movie died, it wasn't because she failed a test,
it wasn't because she and her dad got into an argument, it wasn't because her dad got arrested, it wasn't because I overdosed.

It was because Nate Jacobs was fucking with her and it was starting to really get to her.

And Fez hated that.

But what he hated more was that she only helped Nate to save him.

Fez felt an insane amount of guilt wash over him when she mentioned that the only reason she agreed to testifying was because she didn't want Nate to report their relationship.

"And I know you're mad because I didn't say anything or tell you, but I felt like you'd do something, and I just didn't wanna drag you into this whole mess when I only let myself fall into it to keep you out in the first place," Estrella told Fez. "And I've lowkey been feeling guilty as fuck. Like I've lied to the police before, but for my dad. And now I did it for fucking Nate, helping him get away with abusing one of my best friends."

"Well he was blackmailing you ma, don't feel bad," Fezco told her, not letting go of her hand, which he had been holding in his all while she came forward to him in the past 5ish minutes.

He stared at Estrella as she avoided eye contact with him, bouncing her leg up and down and tightening her hold on his hand.

"N I'm not mad at you," Fez added and tightened his hold back.

Estrella's eyes drifted onto Fez, "You're not?"

Fez sighed and shook his head, "I was a lil mad that you didn't tell me nothing. But I'm not anymore. You can't be keeping shit like this from me though, for real. You gotta tell me every time somebody's tryna fuck witchu and I got it."