Chapter Four

𒊹︎

𒊹︎

A/n
Double update?
Probably not because it took me a bit to write this

----------------------------------------------------------

Y/n and Kuroo spent the rest of their time laying on the blanket and talking. Simply talking. They hadn't even gone in the water because they were too busy learning about each other.

At first, Kuroo was only into Y/n because of her insanely attractive face and body, but after talking to her he found out she too was a nerd. This only made his little crush grow.

"If you're so smart then tell me does sin squared x plus co2 squared x equal sec squared x?" Kuroo raised an eyebrow leaning on his forearms. He knew full well she would answer correctly but he just wanted to double check.

She stared at him like he was stupid for a moment before replying, "Of course not, it equals one."

(Guys don't judge me I pulled that out of my ass *google* cuz im not in trig)

Kuroo let out a high pitched laugh. One that Y/n thought imitated a hyena. A smile made it's way to her face, unable to contain the entertainment his laugh had brought her.

"You're smart." He points out.
"I thought we'd established that about 25 minutes ago." She checks her watch as she says this. In response, Kuroo only rolls his eyes.

"In any case, I like smart girls." He shrugs.
"Oh. It's a shame for you then because I like smart guys." Y/n simply states back.
"W-wha? I'm smart." Kuroo cries.
"Sure." She replies dryly.
"Give me any two chemicals! I know the reactions of them I swear." He panicked. Because oh god forbid someone thinking he, Kuroo the great science god, was stupid.

"No need. I can tell all I need from the way you're trying to prove yourself." She says, kind of egotistical in fact.

Fun fact. Y/n had never learned how to joke. Or flirt. This was her best shot. Y/n mainly just makes fun of Bokuto so that's all she knew. She actually didn't mind Kuroo, so she thought, why not give it a go. But she failed. Insulting Kuroo really took a hit on his ego.

"W-well anyways," Kuroo muttered, a bit embarrassed, "I think we should get in the water now."
"Very well then." Y/n agreed, taking off her cover up. Now she was fully exposed.

She glanced down and Kuroo and raised an eyebrow, "Close your mouth."

'Mommy.'

"Yes Ma'am." He began following Y/n like a puppy into the water.

Y/n stood, about waist deep in the water. Kuroo did the same, although it came lower seeing as he was freakishly tall.