29. PRETTY OLD LIES

Start from the beginning

"Thank's for the input, Modok."

That comment had a few members of the team snickering at as Roman looked at them in confusion. "Who in the hell is, Modok?"

"He's ready to see you now," the receptionist announced, opening the door for the trio. Right this way."

Walking into the surveillance room, Tanya stared at her surroundings. People worked at the computers, watching intently at the footage. While others worked quietly at their desks doing paperwork. A job that Tanya would tare her eyes out if forced to do so.

The man Tanya assumed to be in charge stood from his seat and approached the trio. "Thank you for seeing us," Luke said. "I won't take up much of your time. My men were attacked earlier today."

"We need all footage from in and out of the Waterloo Station," Tanya butted in, straight to the point as the man looked between them.

He looked amused at the statement made by the woman. Looking over his shoulder at the others and said, "Will somebody tell Captain America and Black Widow here that requires clearance?"

Hearing some of the men laugh, Riley held out a paper for the man. His smile slowly faltered as he took the paper and read it. Then, the smile vanquished as he sighed, eyes flickering up to the trio momentarily.

"Terry," he called. "Bring up cameras 58 through 62, earlier today."

Tanya smirked as she walked past the man with a pat on his chest. "Thanks, Penguin."

As the selected screens of footage came on, they were black. "They've been down for maintenance all morning," Terry told them.

Not surprising after the information given by Tej as Tanya looked back at Luke with a shrug. But the man in charge shrugged as well, mocking Luke. "Sorry."

Luke sighed. "Okay," he started. "Well, we appreciate your help. Thank you."

As they grabbed hands, the man became to try and pull away. Biting his lip as his face began to contort into many emotions. Tanya walked back and stood beside the man with a smirk, enjoying the little torment he was receiving.

"You know what I find very interesting?" Luke asked. "Interpol was attacked recently as well. Those cameras were down too. Didn't catch a thing. Nothing."

Tanya took notice of Terry's eyes constantly looking back at them. She tilted her head slightly as she walked over and let her hands rest on the back of his chair. Nail's scratched the back of his neck as she grabbed her gun and let the muzzle pressed to his skin. His body tensed as warm breath fanned the side of his neck.

Her left hand fell to his wrist. The stroke of her thumb being so sensual and encouraging, Terry had to refrain from falling apart right there and then. "Grab me the access key, sweetheart," she whispered in his ear.

"Now, that means either your maintenance schedule lines up perfectly with their escape route, or someone here is working with them." A laugh followed Luke's observation. "And that's just ridiculous."

"'Cause there ain't no way in hell anybody here would be working for them," Luke said. "Particularly you. Ain't that right?"

"No, no, that's ridiculous."

"That is ridiculous," Luke agreed. "I'm gonna need direct access to your live feed citywide. And I so strongly suggest that you put a hold on any more maintenance."

"Yeah," The man breathed, his hand cracking under the hold Luke had on it. "Yeah, yeah, of-of course."

"We appreciate your help." Tanya waved the SSD chip with a grin and stuffed it in her pocket. "Thank you so much."

As they walked out, Tanya pinched her husband's arm. "If you took that much authority with the kids, perhaps they would listen."

"Maybe they'd work on you."

That had Tanya smirking as she didn't respond. Knowing damn well what game Luke was trying to play. Being touch starved from one another did that sometimes, and Tanya wasn't planning on being the one to cave.

When Tanya walked into the safehouse, she let out a sigh. Strolling over to Tej and leaning on the back of his chair. "I got you a gift."

"Oh, you did now?" He smiled, amused as he craned his head to see Tanya pull out the key for the CCTV. "Well, would you look at that? You thought about me.

Tanya only responded with a tiny nudge of his head in amusement as he insert the chip into his computer. Typing rapidly across the keyboard and watching the screens around the desk turn on with camera footage.

"Big Brother's about to go live." They turned as more screens began to turn on. And the amount was alarming. "Damn, you can't flick a booger in London without somebody noticing."

Tanya snickered as she looked around briefly, seeing Tej run off to stop Roman from using what seemed to be a harpoon gun. "Hey, where's Brian?"

That got Dom's attention as he turned to the woman. "He went to Los Angeles."

The straightforward answer had Tanya staring at him incredulously. A laugh escaped her lips, expecting there to be a catch at the end of it. But when nothing came, her smile fell.

"What the hell do you mean?" She questioned.

"He means Brian went to Los Angeles to confront Braga," Gisele spoke up. "Braga works with Shaw and might have some information on Letty and Shaw."

"And no one thought it might be a good idea to run it by me first?" Tanya spat, looking at Dom and Gisele. She loved her brother, truly, she did. After seeing him so easily interact with Ana and Samantha, she felt her love for her brother grow.

She wanted him to be in her kids' lives. Give them someone to look up to and rely on if anything were to happen to either her or Luke. Because that's who they go to if anything were to happen. As much as she trusted a lot of the team, she wanted Brian to take care of her kids. So, to create that connection with him and her two daughters, she needed him around. But also because she's pushed him away far enough.

And right when she felt like she was slowly letting him back in, this happens. "We tried to stop him, but he felt inclined to pay Dom back for getting Letty in this situation," Gisele replied.

"So, I ask again, no one thought to run it by me again?" Tanya repeated, much harsher than before.

"We didn't think you were his keeper," Roman commented.

"Not the time to be an a-hole, Rome," She growled before turning to Dom. "Did you let him go? I swear to god, if you don't tell me the truth, I'm putting your head under that hood and smashing your head in."

Dom pursed his lips, finally nodding. "Yeah, I did."

Tanya let out a breath, lips curling upwards into a smile of disbelief. "Oh, you dumb bitch, I'm going to fucking kill you!"

Whoever was free was running over to try and stop the fight from growing any further. Roman even went as far as to wrap his arms around Tanya's waist and pull her back. Nearly loosing his footing with the fight she put up.

"If I can't trust you, then you can't trust me Dom." Tanya looked at Han. "Has he told you about your sister?"

There it was. The deathly silence of the cat being dumped out of the bag. Tanya watched as Han looked between her and Dom, clearly confused. But all she could do was peel Roman's arm from her as she glared.

Wordlessly walking away from the scene. No destination in mind. Just somewhere she could be far away from the group that, in a way, betrayed her.