1.3

Lori Grimes was not taking her post apocalyptic divorce very well. It was her own fault, she knew, but she wasn't quite ready to admit to that. She had been sleeping with her husband's best friend, and now she was pregnant and a single mother. Who better to blame for these small tragedies than Gonzalez?

    "Are you sleeping with my husband?"

   Gonzalez turned around from her spot by the window to face Lori. She was standing at the doorway all red in the face and tears soaking her skin. Gonzalez scrunched her face up in confusion.

   "Good morning? How are you?" She said standing up

   "Good morning? How are you?" She said standing up. "Did the world ending cause you to lose your manners?"

    "He left me," Lori told her. Her voice shook with every word. "Did you know that? He left me. Because of you."

    "Actually, I think he left you because you porked his best friend."

    "You were the one that told him!"

     "You shouldn't have fucked his best friend, Lori!" Gonzalez laughed. "I mean, I get it. You thought Rick was dead and you needed your dick fix, but did ya have to do it with his best friend?"

     "I would've told him!" Lori fumed. "We would've been just fine if weren't for you!"

    Gonzalez rolled her eyes. "Calm down, Whori. You're gonna stress out the baby," she sang playfully.

    Admittedly, Gonzalez felt a bit bad for taunting Lori. The woman was having a hard enough time as is (being pregnant in the middle of apocalypse and all), but no matter how bad she may have felt Gonzalez refused to let up. She was tired of how overly emotional she had been as of late. She needed to grow a pair and be the hard ass the group had come to rely on.

   Lori, taken aback, placed her hand on her stomach. She thought back to the times before. When things were normal. She remembered Shane begging Lori to have dinner at the Grimes home one evening. She remembered Rick telling her that, after months of trying, Shane had finally convinced their newest coworker to hang out outside of work.

   She recalled how one Thursday night Gonzalez stood on her porch in a pretty yellow dress. She thought back to Gonzalez's face at that moment; calm, collected, cold. The same face that she was staring at now.

    "You're exactly the same as you were then," Lori whispered.

    Gonzalez scoffed. "What?"

    "The world ended," Lori replied. "People we loved died. You lost your arm. Yet you're exactly the same. You haven't let this world change you... How do you keep a level head when everything around you is falling apart?"

     Gonzalez watched the tears escape the corners of Lori's eyes. It annoyed her, but she thought better than to voice those thoughts. She shrugged.