Chapter Sixty-three

Start from the beginning

Her entire face was soaked in blood, I hated the sight of it. I hated seeing Kin like this, sweet, innocent Kin. Hunted down, like she's some kind of wild animal. This should never happen again, not while I'm alive. She's immortal, and she will live out her immortal life.

Her whole closed, and she gasped for air. She held her head, "Ouch!"

I tittered, we looked right into each other's eyes. She was inches away from me, she smirked. "Hey."

"Hi."

I got up and raised out my hand out to her, she took it and dusted herself off. She looked around. We gathered and hugged each other, Cara cried. Hayden stroked her back. Cara wiped her tears, "these are happy tears. It's over. They won't be looking for us."

She was right. Kin's friend that came with the witches joined us. "Exie!" Kin exclaimed and hugged her. "Thank you. Thank you so much!"

Exie laughed, "anytime. I will always be there when you need me."

Kin's eyes lit up, "let me give you my phone number. We can always stay in touch. "

"I think that's a great idea."

They walked off. I looked at the three, "okay. We are almost home safe. Be proud of yourselves, y'all did it. Soon y'all will get acquainted with the gang; Saskia, Paul, Laura, Bev and Cait. They will love you three. They have low standards."

The three of them looked at each other, did they not like my joke? Kin ran to us in vampire speed, "they're taking us to the next town. How sweet?"

These witches have no home. The world is their home, and they're always travelling. All of them took off the direction they originally were going, but Exie and her boyfriend's band decided to leave us in the next town. We greeted them, Kin even cried. Then we checked ourselves into a motel room. Because they didn't want to sleep separately, not until we make it to Crystal Moon.

So, we got a room with a Kingsize bed. And slept together. Maxwell on one end, and I on the other. Next to Maxwell slept his favourite twin, Hayden, and Cara right next to her. Next to Cara slept Kin, and on the end was I. They instantly fell asleep. Who wouldn't?

I know I couldn't. I couldn't keep that girl out of my mind. When I drifted off to sleep, I saw in my dreams. But she didn't have the cockroach aesthetic going on. "Who are you?" She asked me.

"Jason, Jason Miller. And you?"

Then appearing from nowhere was the cockroach girl. There's two of them? The girl jumped when her sister appeared, "where were you?"

"Sorry," the cockroach said, "doctor Webster woke me up. I had to help him with something... though I can't remember with what,"

"Look," the girl said, "we have a guest."

The cockroach looked at me and gasped. "That's a mean mean guy, the meanest!"

"Sshh, what's y'alls names?"

"Oh yes," said the girl, "I'm XY1 and this is my sister XY2, why are you here? Meanest guy?"

I looked around them. It was plain black, nothing in sight. Then I thought about the cockroach, or XY2, did she imply that they're always asleep? "So, do y'all ever wake up?"

XY1 shook her head, "never. We're in capsules, he feeds us knowledge through tubes. We're always in here, I have no idea for what or how long."

I felt my heart twitch, poor babies. Why would doctor Webster do that to these innocent kids? I envisioned a home, that we were in a mansion. With a tv, so that they can watch cartoons. Cartoons from other kids memories. There was a kitchen, with a fake mother for them. Always baking treats for them, they followed me as I went upstairs, I had to fill each room with my mind. A music room, an art room. A play room, their beautiful bedrooms. One for each, pink walls. Unicorns on the walls, with lots of beautiful dresses.