Leggy boi

........sorry guys I got some gore self harm and blood in this chapter. I'll make it all underlined so you can skip if you want and write a short summary at the end. Stay safe wanderers ..........

     The princess ended up going on some sort of adventure but eventually the storm let up and the king and queen returned. Quirin figured that his friend Fredrick could possibly provide more help then the princess so he asked for his counsel as soon as was possible.
      "One second dear friend it has been a long day."
      "Which is exactly why I must speak with you," Quirin replied hurriedly.
        The king just frowned before getting back to talking with his wife and daughter.

Talking turned to dinner and Quirin was becoming more and more anxious. His son was trapped in their own home completely alone, plus or minus a raccoon. Though, they did have enough food for tonight and tomorrow, should it come to that, and he was less likely to blow up the house while he was in this condition, Quirin still couldn't help but worry.

       Finally dinner was over and the king was ready to talk to Quirin after his wife and daughter had gone to bed.
       "What seems to be the matter, old friend?"

.................

          Varian lay flat on his back, staring at the ceiling. He was terribly bored and horribly anxious. It was almost night and his dad still hadn't returned. Something must of gone wrong. Or maybe the road was just blocked? Maybe they were already looking for a way to free him, though if that was the case he would be extremely angry that they didn't come back for his help or anything first.

         It's been two whole days and his dad hasn't returned. Where was he? What could cause him to be gone for two days?

        Four days. Varian stares at the wall noticing the cracks and a spot he must've missed after one of his messier experiments. He hasn't slept since the second day.

       Day six and he has run out of food. "The harvest report is due soon," varian thinks nervously," dad'll get in trouble if it's not done."
     He still hasn't slept.

      How many days had it been? Less then two weeks. Probably. Maybe? Maybe it was only a day. Yah, a day and dad was just a bit late...
       No. No. He wasn't coming. Varian was hungry and tired and sad and angry and his foot hurt. Dad broke his promise. The princess broke her promise. Where... where were they? At the castle? Did they both just forget about him? The basement was so so small and he couldn't get out because he couldn't move his foot. He can't breathe! He needs to breathe. His foot hurts and his head hurts and he can't breathe.

         He reaches out, hands scratching at something, anything to get him out. He needs to get out. Somehow there is a saw in a pile with a bunch of other tools next to the table and somehow he stretches just enough to grab it.
          Holding it in his hands starts to calm him down. Not physically, his hands are shaking horribly, but otherwise he feels numb, like he's watching himself from a distance. He tares of as much of the end of his pants as he can before rapping the cloth tightly above where he'll make the cut. He knows his fear of blood would make him feint and he doesn't want to bleed out.
         Varian looks at the saw in his hands. He made it himself. He made it very sharp. He's shaking. His hands are shaking and he's never been so scared. He's going to die. He needs to get out he's going to die. His breathe becomes even faster.
         There is blood on his saw. He thinks it's blood but where did it come from?
       "Oh." Varian says quietly, and for the first time he does not faint at the sight of blood.

.........so, yah sorry about that. It should be the extent of gore that I'm going to do but who knows we'll see in the future. Anyways

Basically after a week of waiting and no sleep varian de-left foots himself to escape the amber as any unstable child with sharp weapons would do

Also if anything else in my writing is triggering please tell me so I can underline it
Thanks