━ Why did you break up with her if you still clearly love her? ━ Christian spoke after so long in silence. 

━ Because I acted like an insecure fucking idiot. I saw how close you guys were, it got in my head and a lot of thoughts were spinning, Sarah was feeding most of them and I fell like an idiot. She wanted to continue the friendship, but I couldn’t, I can’t believe after today she’ll want to see me again. ━ The loss in Mason’s voice was a surprise to the three friends, who had never seen him like this before.

━ As soon as it’s all over, talk to her, Mason. You put everything on the table, you love this girl with everything on you, don’t lose her because of your unfounded insecurities. Just talk to her. ━ Christian spoke with a firm and serious voice. 

Mason said nothing, but his head rested on the wall as he closed his eyes, begging for everything to work out and for nothing bad to happen to you. He would never forgive himself. 

×××

━ Sorry sir, but your authorization was not granted, the patient does not have you on the list of released people. I’m sorry. ━ The kind receptionist informs him for the fourth time this week. 

A tired sigh escapes from Mason’s lips, it was obvious you didn’t want to see him, but he was never one to give up easy, so during the days you would still have in the hospital he would come to see you, even if it didn’t go beyond the hospital reception. 

━ Just like yesterday, can you do me a favour and deliver these flowers to her room? ━ Mason asked softly, the kind lady smiling at him as he picked the flowers. ━ Thank you very much. 

━ She’s a lucky girl, you know. Give her time, darling, and soon, everything between you is going to be fine. ━ Mason just nodded as he walked away. 

He deserved it, he knew it. But even though the pain was too much, he was the only one among the boys who wasn’t allowed to visit you and all he knew about you was for the boys and the kind receptionist who helped him. Otherwise, you were living as if you’d never met.

Taking one last look at the hospital, Mason walked up to his car, leaving the area. What he didn’t know was that in the window of one of the rooms, curious eyes stared at him as hands held the beautiful white roses that had been left behind, the natural scent making the whole room more aromatic.

 What he didn’t know was that in the window of one of the rooms, curious eyes stared at him as hands held the beautiful white roses that had been left behind, the natural scent making the whole room more aromatic

VERSÃO EM PORTUGUÊS

Acidente. Hospital. Estado grave.

Essas três palavras circulavam pela mente de Mason, enquanto ele encarava a parede branca do hospital. Seus batimentos cardíacos acelerados como uma bateria. Suas pernas e mãos tremiam e se ele não estivesse sentando ele  tinha quase certeza que não se afirmaria em pé.