Chapter 21 - True Love, True Hate

The students in the stands watched as Karada threw Tsubu out of bounds. She hit the ground but wasn't horrified when feeling the grass.

Ms. Hitoshin took a second before speaking. "Yurei is out of bounds! Karada advances to the second round!"

The crowd cheered but it was clear that most of them were against it.

"NO!" Nagakami cried out and ran over towards the edge. "THAT CAN'T COUNT! KARADA, YOU...YOU ASSHOLE!"

Tasushi ran over on one side of her, pulling her back. "Stop it! You can't jump off from here!"

Egme came to her other side, helping him. "Come on! Please calm down!"

Nagakami was fighting against both of their strengths. "IT'S UNFAIR!"

"Karada was just doing what he was supposed to do. He was just fighting." Todoroki could barely be heard by her. "Yurei lost for a reason."

"That's too much..." Muda furrowed her eyebrows while watching her classmate.

Nagakami was slowly calming down, getting her teeth. "It's...it's not fair, it just isn't..."

"Just breathe..." Tasushi slowly let go of her arm. "Take a deep breath."

Egme let go of her arm, making sure to watch her carefully. "Are you-"

She couldn't finish since Nagakami was already running off. Nagakami didn't even want to hear her, she just wanted to find her friend.

"I can't believe Yurei lost like that..." Kyu pushed up his glasses and didn't hide the sympathetic look. "That's..."

Tasushi walked back to his seat. "Karada was oddly harsh towards her."

"Karada was harsh." Kanetsu tried keeping a calm look. 'He was much weaker during Battle Training.'

"That was strange of him."

"If you want my honesty..." Mimi rubbed a finger under his nose. "It looked like he was trying to kill her."

Kanetsu suddenly got to his feet. "I'm going to find Karada and talk with him."

Egme tilted her head to the side slightly. "Huh? Why are you going to talk to him?"

"...I'll be right back guys, I promise."

"Wait a minute." Yoyume got up and pulled him back by the arm of his uniform. "You'll be back before my battle, yeah?"

"Yeah, I will. It shouldn't take long." He reassured her before making his way out.

She stared at him for a moment and blinked.

Nagakami kept running, finding herself in front of the nurses office. When she basically slammed open the door, it seemed like nobody was in there.

That's when she caught sight of Tsubu, sitting on one of the beds. She looked up to see the braided haired girl.

"Tsurei!" Nagakami went to hug her but noticed her friend moving over to dodge it. "Huh...? Tsurei...?"

"S-Sorry..." Tsubu started twirling her fingers. "I-I'm...I'm sorry..."

"Tsurei, what's wrong?"

"Y-You..." She turned away her head in shame. "You have...you have to stop loving me, Naga..."

"Stop...loving you?" Something about those words got her worried. "What do you...what?"

"I'm..." There were tears that could be seen. "I-I'm sorry...I'm sorry for not winning t-the battle against Karada...