Prologue

“It’s morning, huh,” I muttered to myself opening my eyes and looking around the room. I had a terrible sleep last night and now it’s coming to bite me back. Shouldn’t have stayed up all night just because Kei wanted to talk for “five more minutes”.

How long has it been again since I had such a short sleep before? I don’t remember honestly since it was really a long time ago. Anyways, I got up and walked into the bathroom and looked at the mirror. My eyes were a bit sunken and I had bed hair. I honestly never expected that I would have gotten in such a look ever in my life but I never knew I could ever be in a normal school so I can’t really complain. I wanted this life after all.

I turned on the tap and splashed my face with water making me wakeup for real this time and continued onto following my daily routine. It has already been one and a half year and still all of this feels like a fever dream to me. A dream that I just wake up from after which I am back within those white walls.

“Why am I having such thoughts today?” I said out loud while making my coffee. “Something feels off for some reason.”

I really didn’t know what it was but for some reason, my guts were telling me to stay on my tips today and as I kept that thought in my mind. I sat down to have my breakfast. It was a normal breakfast and nothing fancy and I started digging in.

While I was eating, I heard the sound of the door opening and I didn’t have to look since I already knew who it was. The footsteps got closer and I heard a long yawn.

“This is exactly why I told that you should stop talking that long last night,” I said looking up facing locking eyes with the person and they just pouted.

“Not my fault that I wanted to talk to you longer,” she murmured but I was able to hear it all.

“Well I am not complaining here Kei. I really enjoyed talking to my adorable girlfriend late night,” I said in a monotone voice but it still was more than enough to turn Kei into a blushing mess.

“Ah mou Kiyotaka!! Why do you have to say all this with a straight face?! Baka,” she said and covered her face with her hair. “Now even my hair got messed. This is all you fault, hmph.”

With that, she sat down and started eating her food too. The fact that we are going out was disclosed because of which Kei was more comfortable with interacting with me in front of people. This also made her become a bit clingier to me but I didn’t mind it that much. It was quite a cute thing to witness.

“Yeah so, we all started walking to Keyaki mall and…”

She again went on with talking about random things with me and I also joined the conversation when needed. We still had half an hour to reach school by the time we had our breakfast and placed the dishes to be washed later. After that, we walked out of my dorm like always and I locked it. We entered the elevator and didn’t say much.

Walking out of the dorm building, we were now on our way to our class. On the way, we saw some familiars who stopped a bit greeting us and we did the same. At first, they all would look at us as if they were seeing something unbelievable right when both I and Kei decided to make our relationship public.

“Good morning Ayanokouji-kun, Karuizawa-san,” we said a familiar voice turned around.

“Good morning Horikita, you seem in a good mood today,” I said turning around looking at the cold eyed girl who stared at us.

“What do you mean by that Ayanokouji-kun? I am always in a good mood unless someone decides to ruin it,” she replied in her usual cold tone.

“That answers so many of my questions,” I said nodding at myself.