Kaigaku treated that as a challenge. Everything she did, he had to do. He worked hard to try and catch up, pushing himself to the breaking points sometimes and making Shishou and Yuuma worry. Constantly demanding spars and rematches and whatnots. Just as he saw progress in his training, he'd see it in her's too. Every time he improved, so did she. Just as he was moving forward, so was Yuuma.

Kaigaku had to win. He put in the effort to improve every day. To hopefully one day beat Yuuma, his sempai as a disciple, but junior as of age. That's probably what made it even worse. The taste of defeat by a girl younger than him.

His bokken met air when he swung down, and he couldn't help but grit his teeth as he felt the wood of the bokken against his stomach. Yuuma, right next to his face and her bokken being a reminder that if she wanted to, she could leave a nasty bruise on his skin and muscles. A physical reminder of his defeat, rather than a mental one.

"Let's go eat breakfast." The sun was beginning to peak over the horizon, bathing them in its gentle glow. Yuuma gently pats his cheek and walked away, the bokken still in her hands as she turned her back on him.

"You shouldn't turn your back on a swordsman," Kaigaku mumbled, strolling right next to her. Yuuma hummed, indicating that she was listening, "It means you don't see them as a threat." Yuuma had to process what he said, and then really think over her response. Kaigaku was not a threat. He was Kaigaku. How could Kaigaku hurt her?

However, knowing Kaigaku he wouldn't like hearing that.

"I'll remember that next time." She ignored him, 'You better,' opting to focus on her breathing and trying to fill her lungs.

Jigoro waited for them at the table, chuckling when he saw Kaigaku's disgruntled expression. The boy said nothing, only huffing and plopping on the ground. Yuuma nodded in her Shishou's direction, "Good morning, Shishou."

"Good morning Yuuma, Kaigaku." The three of them began digging into the meal in front of them. Kaigaku more savagely than the other two, tearing into the mackerel with ferocity one could compare to a save and animal that had been starving for weeks. Yuuma ate around the bones, not wanting to go through the effort of plucking each and individual one out of the fish. Jigoro observed his students as he took a sip from his tea.

Two very different children. One that wore almost no expression, and the other could only produce angry ones. Both want two different goals. Both have different ideas of how to get them. Yuuma moved at the pace of a monk who had all the time in the world to enjoy their food, while Kaigaku resembled that of a samurai. Scarfing down meals like it might be their last, right before heading to battle. Yuuma was the calm before the storm, while Kaigaku was the storm.

"When am I going to learn the other forms for Thunder Breathing?" Kaigaku asked with his mouth full of rice. Creating a look of disgust on Yuuma as she scooted some of her food away. Just in case a stray piece of rice flew into her food.

That was another thing, Jigoro had noted. Kaigaku, intentionally or not, had managed to bring expressions back onto Yuuma's face. Something that she could convey easily with her eyes, could now be shown on her face. Granted, they were only really ever directed at Kaigaku. Most of the time they weren't exactly pleased expressions either. Jigoro will take what he can get, though.

"When you have shown me you can do a decent fourth form, I will show you the other two." Kaigaku was a rather peculiar thing. Unable to do the first form, which was typically needed to do the other forms as well. However, he was able to execute the second, third, and fourth forms near perfect without learning the first form. He picked them up insanely quickly as well.

Kaigaku nodded in understanding, going back to eating his meal. Yuuma, on the other hand, was now focused on eating the tamagoyaki. Looking heavy in thought as she mindlessly munched on the fluffy egg. The girl was reaching a point where Jigoro would no longer be able to teach her anything new. Right now, there was little nitpicking and exercises that she would do to maintain her flexibility and speed, but soon she wouldn't need his help for that.