New Interactions?

Jay's eyes opened slowly to look at the desk of the study room.

Light flooded through the uncovered window, as she listened to the soft sound of another person breathing.

She realized that her head was resting in EJ's lap, and tensed up slightly as she broke into a light blush.

She could feel his breathing, and his hand resting on her arm.

Remembering the events from the night before, Jay closed her eyes again, as she brought her hand to grip her bandaged arm as a tear fell from her eye onto EJ's pant leg.

She pressed up against him for more security as she tried to go back to sleep.Other than the sounds of birds chirping far off in the distance, and the light breathing, the house seemed to be completely silent.

Suddenly, the door opened with a creak, causing Jay to open her eyes again.

"J-Jack, did you t-t-take the w-w-w-waffles, from th-th-the fri-fridge?" Stuttered Toby as he entered the room.

He was about to speak again, but stopped as he saw Jay.

"S-s-sorry! w-w-w-was I i-int-interupting s-something!?" Tobi yelped.

EJ sighed and stirred slightly."No Toby, I didn't take your waffles, and no, Jay just fell asleep like this, go pester Masky or something." He said in a low, tired voice.

Toby quickly turned around and closed the door behind him.

"Did he wake you?" EJ asked as he looked down at Jay.

Jay shook her head and turned to look up at him, and nearly lost her breath.

Looking up, she saw EJ's mask had been lifted to sit on his face covering his face from his nose up, leaving his lower face exposed.

Jay blushed as a surprised look crossed her face.

"Jack... your mask isn't on all the way." Jay started.

EJ seemed to jolt as he swiftly yanked his mask back down to cover his face again.

"Sorry" he said quickly, looking away.

Jay reached up and grabbed his jacket."N-no, I was going to say you looked really cool..."

As she started to sit up, her hand that was pushing her up and away from him, slipped, and she ended up sitting in his lap.

EJ caught her from falling off the couch and looked at her, his grip still firm on her waist.

Jay blushed, but re-collected herself to look directly into his black socket's of his mask.

"What do you mean... my face is terrible." he stated.

Jay shook her head and smiled gently."Not to me, I think it's pretty."

"P-pretty!?" he yelped in reply.

Jay nodded and gave him a smile.

Though Jay couldn't see it, under his mask, Jack broke into a heated blush.Changing the subject, EJ glanced down at her arm."How's your arm feel?" he asked.

"It feels a lot better... thank you so much Jack." she replied as she lifted it, for him to see."I should probably make sure everything settled right, and re-wrap it." EJ said.Jay nodded.

There was an awkward pause as the two of them had a realization moment.Jay was still in Jack's lap and he still was holding her waist.

EJ recoiled his hands back as if he had just been struck at by a snake, and Jay swiftly hopped off of him to the side, landing on the couch next to him.

"S-sorry!" she yelped as he stood.

"It's fine, sorry for keeping you in that position, I didn't mean to keep holding you" EJ explained quickly with an awkward laugh.

The two of them blushed as EJ turned and headed for the door.

"I'll uh, be right back, I have to go get the supplies." he explained as he closed the door behind him.

Once the door was closed, he let out a sigh.

Jay got up from the couch and wandered to the window and looked out of it. "I've never seen the morning view from here...I always come later in the day..."Jay thought to herself.

She began blushing again as she realized another thing.

"I've also never spent the night... Oh my god, I can't believe I slept on his lap through the night." She yelped to herself, blushing, with tears of embarrassment in her eyes.

As she looked out the window, she watched a trio of birds hop from branch to branch after each other in a seemingly playful manner, causing Jay to smile to herself.

~ Hello readers ~ I'm ever so sorry for not updating this story ~ Ik it's been months- but A lot of stuff has been happening in life~ and I never got the chance to come here to update anything. I'll have the next part up as well by the time you read this ~ Sorry again Luvs TwT  

                                                                          -Me ~ your very sorry Author