ii.viii(mike's wet dream)

"here! turn here!" nancy points directly in front of jonathan's face at some exit sign. 

i swear to god, i can't get out of this car fast enough.

"nancy, please! i'm driving, get your hands out of my face." jonathan pushes her hands from his face, with a stern but amused look.  

we've been driving forever at this point, we must be close, i hope we're close. 

"is this it, nance?" jonathan asks, pulling up to the old motel, trying to look up at the sign that's lit up in neon lights, brightly and proudly displaying 'No Vacancies'. 

"yup, this is us for the night. is everyone awake back there?" nancy turns around to look at the four of us in the backseat. 

well, i am awake. i can't quite say the same for the rest of them. el and max are curled up against each other, sound asleep and snoring lightly and lucas is passed the fuck out against the window.  

"right-well, jon and i are going to check in. wake them up, please. and mike, be nice." nancy annunciates the last part as if i'm ever not nice. regardless, i nod to her as they exit the car and head into the small lobby. 

i nudge lucas first. 

"lucas, bro. wake up, we're at the motel." 

he wakes up with a start in a very mom-like way. he kind of hits his head on the window when he jolts, "what's goin' on?" his voice is very sleepy, there's no hiding the fact that he just woke up. 

"i need to wake up max and-"

he puts his hand up, dismissing me, giving me a leave it to me look. he clears his throat.

"WAKE UP!!!!" lucas yells and the girls wake up, eyes wide and, i'm sure, startled. 

"what the hell, lucas?!" max complains loudly, reaching over me to smack lucas' arm. 

"direct your complaints to michael, he woke me up. but, hey, looks like we're at some place with real beds." lucas shrugs and starts to open the door before getting out to very loudly start unloading our things from the trunk.

max and el sulk for a moment, adjusting to being awake. el rubs her eyes dramatically and max tries taming her hair. el digs through her bag before pulling out a ponytail and handing it to max. max thanks her silently. 

"did you guys sleep well?" i ask kind of quietly, not wanting to interrupt this silent conversation max and el are having but needing to make small talk since the car has just about been completely silent for several hours now. 

"yeah, slept alright, i suppose. where are we now?" max asks, tying up her hair. 

"oklahoma city, and god it took us forever to get here. dustin and steve said they would be getting to will soon, probably before the end of the night. then, tomorrow, we'll drive just a little bit more and we'll meet them somewhere and we'll all come home together."

the thought of all of us being together again gives me butterflies. not only has will been missing for what seems like forever, but dustin and steve also headed out to look for him almost immediately and have been gone almost as long. it just hasn't felt right with just the four of us. don't get me wrong, i love them, of course i do, but i'll be glad to have the whole party back together.

"alright kiddos, let's head inside. it's going to be a long day tomorrow." nancy opens the door and makes the three of us jump. 

we all begin exiting the car and we head inside, our luggage in hand.