"Nirewen, we can give the Souja's - Nirewen- to use as their tavern! Because after Merideth marries, we can move in with her to Whiteale's Dunbower! What's an old wooden castle, rotting in its core compared to a palace of stone and marble?" Isolade pleaded with her husband who nodded in agreement because Merideth was looking paler by the minute and they were desperate for this miracle. And it would save them the cost of the upkeep of their old ancestral home. Although it was not like they had the money to do it anyway, having to pool all their money into Merideth's dowry just to marry her into the Whiteales since Merideth was their only surviving child. All of Merideth's siblings either died at birth or in their early childhood and so Merideth was the sole hieress to Dale. Because Dale was poorer but older than Fits, all of it's homes were made out of wood. Compared to Fits that was currently building in stone because Fits had a quarry whereas Dale had an old, and rather ancient but very thick forest of stone timber pine.

"Yes Gramma?" Your family asked as all of you came into the place.

"Nora Dear, Meredith had an accident early this morning, she's dying and the Ambergreens need a miracle." Agnes informed you as she took your hand and led you over to Merideth for you to see her for yourself as your eyes went wide to see all the blood still coming from Merideth.

"What happened?" You asked.

"She suffered a fall and a kick from a horse, she's losing her womb and might lose her life if you don't help. So if you would give her a measure of your health and strength so that she can recover and trade your womb for hers, the Ambergreens are ready to make a trade with you and your family." Agnes revealed before you and your family turned towards the Ambergreens.

"Agnes has told us of your wishes to have a tavern, if your Nora will do the trade, your family can have Nirewen as your home and tavern." Lord Collin offered your father.

"But with us inheriting such a castle, we could never hope to pay for its rent." Your mother paled.

"Oh no, no. You see, we would be moving into Dunbower with the Whiteales upon Merideth's wedding and Dale is to be combined with Fits then to make Fitsdale. The future of Dale rests on this. You would not rent Nirewen, you would own it. No rent due- ever. You would own it- deed- lock, stock and barrel." Lord Ambergreen offered as Merideth's eyes struggled to stay open as Collin knew that it would only be a few more moments that she could stay alive. They were down to the wire.

"And pay only 5% of whatever your profits would be when you open up your tavern in Nirewen. You could even rename it to whatever you wish. Please, we are desperate. Everything we have rests with Merideth and it'll come to naught if she's not saved." Isolade desperately added to her husband's offer.

"Miss Nora, is there anything we can offer you personally to incite you to make the trade? Gowns? Jewels? A ladyship?" Isolade asked as she came and grasped your hands with her thin, wrinkled and trembling ones as her gaze implored yours as your mind was a blank from the overwhelming nature of the circumstances.

"Miss Nora, if you'll do the trade, I'll bless...this cauldron, it will be just as blessed as your womb and health. And whatever you make in it each day, for yourself and your family and your parent's tavern, it'll give you limitless amounts of it until you ask it to stop each night. And you will be heiress of the tavern itself and it will keep you better than any husband could and you'd have a say in how it's run. And you will never have to marry unless you absolutely wish to, for love and only love if you wish. And you can leave it to whoever you wish to when you grow old, whether you birthed them or not." Agnes incited desperately herself because she had helped birth Merideth herself and was fond of the sweet if not sickly girl. The Ambergreens' investments in Merideth's health was half of Agnes' living practically.

Soujaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें