Back Home.

I noticed I was wearing one of Niall's t-shirts when I woke up, and it was a lot softer than I imagined. I rolled over to face him, accidently waking him in the process, but he smiled when his eyes fluttered open for a very brief second, then closed again.

"Morning," he roughly mumbled.

"Morning."

"So, how are we feeling about last night, now that you've had a solid eight hours to sleep on it."

"Oh, I've completely changed my mind about everything."

His eyes flew open, but relaxed as soon as he saw my grin. He reached out to me and pulled me on top of him. "I hate when you do that."

"You secretly love it. How else would you get your heart racing like that."

"I can think of... a few things I could do."

"Can you now?" I teased.

He laughed and nodded, then pulled me down so he could kiss me. He brushed my hair behind my ear and sighed when he pulled away. "So breakfast?"

"I think I'm feeling pancakes."

"Do you feel like going out and getting them? We could pick up Emmy, and if Mary and Al haven't eaten anything, the could come too."

"That sounds great." I gently kissed him. "I'll go get ready."

I started to get up, but he pulled me back down and kissed me a few more times before he finally let me get up and shower.

I checked my phone when I got out and frowned at the text I got from Tatum. Apparently there's a flood of orders, so I'm definitely going to have to go back today to start preparing. I was hoping for at least one more day.

I quickly finished getting ready and met up with Niall downstairs. I informed him of my sudden changed of plans. He seemed disappointed, but he also understood. I grabbed my bag and carried it to the car as Niall called Mary to let her know we were on our way. We ended up all grabbing breakfast together, but he had Emmy stay back at the house with her grandparents while he drove me back to White Lake. It resulted in a massive goodbye with Emmy and a promise to see her soon. 

We spent the entire drive back planning the next time we could see each other, and unfortunately that turned out to be after the holidays. We both had so much work to do that there was no way we could take any time off, not with Christmas being nine days away. We thought about spending Christmas together, but with my parents coming up, and Mary and Al in Manhattan, we couldn't decide where to have it, and with the both of us having to work the day after, it just seemed so complicated. We settled on the weekend after that. 

With promises of texts and calls, he dropped me off at my house with a kiss, and then he was driving away. I quickly went inside to leave my bag, then immediately went to the bakery. Tatum practically ran around the counter to give me a hug and she was talking a mile a minute. I could barely keep up. She was even pulling her phone out to text Quinn, then the next thing I knew, Quinn was walking into the bakery with Gemma and Dex. They gave me huge hugs, then went to gather some coloring supplies and sat at their table.

"Wes will be here in a couple minutes to pick them up. They've been a little antsy all day, so I think they just want to go home," she explained.

"We, however, are feeling just fine and want to hear everything about your date with Niall," Tatum happily added. 

"I know you are both dying to know what happened and I'll tell you, but can we do it in the kitchen so I can at least get some work done while we talk?"

"Yeah, absolutely, because there is Wes." 

He strolled in, confident as ever, and gave Quinn a quick kiss before scooping the kids up and taking them outside. They followed me into the kitchen as Jen, Nash, and Hudson handled the front and any customers that came in. I got to work sorting the orders, then started doing some actual baking while I told them about the date. The swooned, they shrieked, they were almost as happy as I was.