"He still owes me money for that glass replacement," Theo said unamused crossing his arms.

His slight annoyance faded remembering how Kaz told him he would pay Theo back once he became a famous actor.

But that's not for another six years.

As if glue was stuck to her shoes Camilla didn't move from her position. Thoughts ran through her mind and she suddenly didn't feel so calm.

Theo watched as she took a deep breath and stepped out of the apartment, feeling a sense of pride seeing her finally leaving to do something she's passionate about.

"She'll be okay," he said with a hidden smile

"Yeah, she will," Mason agreed standing next to his old friend.

Theo turned to him, "She better not break my camera again."

"You would forgive her."

"Once she gets up here she would get an earful from me."

Mason laughed, "I bet she's really nervous about that."

Mel walked up to her, "You okay?"

"Sometimes I can't believe he's gone. That he doesn't exist anymore in a way; when my phone rings I still expect his contact to pop up. I know it sounds crazy but sometimes I feel like he's still watching over me."

Theo smiled leaning against the wall, "I always told her we were linked mentally."

"He probably is. He always followed you around like a lost puppy."

A smile pulled at Camilla's lips and she shook her head walking off to the car.

Everyone took turns hugging her and saying their goodbyes with slightly teary eyes.

When she got to Kaz everyone gave them space. She enclosed him into a bone-crushing hug. Her grip didn't loosen as the seconds past, "I won't be too far. Only a short few hours. You'll text and call me, right?"

"Let me come with you."

"Kazzle, if I could I would. But you know I can't. Plus dad agreed to have you come see me at least once a month. Dad will take good care of you. If he doesn't I'll light him on fire."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

They watched as she began driving away ready to start the next chapter of her life.

Her life didn't end when his did.

But as she drove away Kaz looked at the leaving car suddenly realizing she truly was leaving. First his mother then Theo and now Camilla.

Everyone was moving on with their lives and he was still just beginning his.

He knew it was for the best. She needed a fresh start. After Theo passed he rarely saw the old Camilla she once was.

Theo's death was hard on him too of course. He missed the blonde boy he used to tease; the one man in his life who always showed up and supported him even if it was for a short period of time. They grew to be family.

Kaz stood and for once didn't say a single thing.

"I'll miss her too," Theo sighed knowing he had to let her move on by herself.

And for a second Kaz felt like Theo was right beside him experiencing a similar emotion even if he couldn't prove it.

One sentence kept repeating in his head as his eyes stayed trained on the road.

'I wish someone would stay.'

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

epilogue

11/17/2022 5:41pm

♡ ♡ ♡

I'm sorry again

But heyyyy bonus chapter won't be sad !!!!!

I'll publish it once my other book is out. I'm having a lot of fun writing it

Ik people wanted it to end w Theo surviving somehow or Camilla adopting Kaz and taking him with her but I thought this was more sad :)

like if i get heartbroken i need others to be heartbroken with me

I will be reading this book from start to finish its my lil tradition to read all my books in their entirety once I'm done