Part 1

This was it. Today was the day. Waterloo Road had just won it's school back and I was over the moon. We had all fought so hard for this school - not just for us, but the pupils as well. This was their home. As much as I love this place, I felt like i needed a fresh start somewhere new. I had been through so much and the school held too many negative memories for me. I remember my whole alcoholism journey, from getting sober to the day Tom died. It was one of the worst days of my life. He was such a dear friend and I blame myself for letting all of that happen, eventually leading to his death, under my watch. I still miss him and think about him every day.

Things were getting better now, though. I have been sober for over a year, since I was arrested for drunk driving and assaulting a police officer. It has been really hard but I am so proud of myself.

Although I want a new start, I love teaching. It has always been my passion. Doing something that I enjoy while changing a young person's life is the most rewarding experience ever. Today I started to look for more teaching jobs in the area, and found a vacancy at Havelock High. This is it. A fresh start. And my interview is tomorrow.