Not Just A Birthday (Bonus chapter)

Light's POV

The sound of brisk snoring fills the air. I squirm and stretch my tensed up body. My arm drifts over to the other side of the bed, attempting to caress the soft, warm skin of my newly found lover. However, it fails miserably and hits the bed sheets, making me shudder with surprise. I place my palm on the bed; still warm. L must have only recently woke up.

I sit up and rub my tired, stale eyes. The scent of pancakes and fruit lingers around the room. I hop out of bed, following the desirable trail, I notice L in the kitchen making breakfast. Dressed in his usual scruffy attire, I silently laugh to myself as he slaves away in the cluttered, petite kitchen. Stepping over, I pull him into my embrace and I witness a small blush overcome his pale cheeks.

"Morning," I begin softly, pecking his jawline and then nuzzling down into his neck. "What's all this for?" My voice is slightly muffled.

"Seriously?" He says, sarcasm pouring from his tone. He turns around and drops what he is doing, giving me that look where I have clearly forgotten something important.

"What?" I question, completely puzzled.

"Did you seriously forget? Light! It's your birthday!" He expresses, looking at me as though I'm crazy.

"Damn. I completely forgot. With everything going on..." I trail off, astounded that I forgot my own birthday.

"Well no matter. Because I remembered. I have made plans for us. How does a reservation for dinner sound?" He smiles.

"I knew I was with you for a reason." I joke, pulling his body closer to mine and gently letting my lips find his.

*********

I run my fingers through my soft hazel hair. Proud of the way I look in my newly purchased suit, I waltz to the door way of the living room to find L also dressed up accordingly. My eyes light up as the ever-so scruffy genius, suddenly becomes a sexy, desirable gentleman. His hair was its usual perfect mess but all the more, adding to his tempting appeal.

Struggling with his cufflinks, he uses his teeth as a last resort. Though he is the most intelligent detective I have ever met, reading people like books and using people in his twisted games, he is hopeless at living in the real world. I step silently into the room, my cheeks red and trying desperately to hold back the laughter.

"Need some help?" I offer, giving L a slight smirk. He helplessly holds out his arms and hangs his head in shame.

"You look stunning." I admit, looking up from his wrist, where my hands are tying the cufflinks like they are a breeze.

I notice the pink shade appear across his face. "Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself." He mutters, clear embarrassment plastered across his face. "Come on, we need to get going." He says, swiftly pecking my lips and heading for the door. I stand there in amusement. He really is something unique.

L's POV

Come on L. You can do this. It is just a simple dinner where you are going to tell the guy, who you want to be with for the rest of your life, that you love him. No big deal right?

I could feel the sweat gather in beads on my forehead. Stop it! Pull yourself together. Light is the one. The only one I can see myself spending my life with.

*************

Stepping out of my courtesy limousine, I amble nervously across the pavement. Leading Light inside, the room is illuminated with candles. The walls are a dark shade of purple, black flowers coming to life from the edges of the room. I state my reservation and the hostess guides us to a small table near the back. I had made sure we secluded and alone. I didn't really want anyone interrupting us tonight. After sitting down, we chat about the vibrancy of the restaurant. But I soon change the topic of the conversation to us, hoping to find out that the things I am feeling are mutual.