048 | Truth's Out

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I know, and that's what I said, and we proved that it wasn't the case... But I'm just saying, some things aren't adding up," Cisco replied to her while Haylee sighed. "Like what, for example?" Caitlin asked. "Come here and look at this," Haylee told her before turning to the screen. "The night we trapped the Reverse Flash in the force-field, he escaped because the containment system failed, but we checked that data three times, and the supercapacitors were still fully charged when he got out," Haylee explained to her.

"The numbers don't add up, Caitlin. There's no reason that the containment system should have failed," Cisco added to Haylee's explanation. "I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation," Caitlin tried to argue. "One perfectly good explanation is that Wells did something to the trap, Caitlin. I mean, how well do we really know Harrison Wells?" Haylee asked Caitlin who stared at her wordlessly. "Are you suggesting that Dr Wells is in league with The Man in the Yellow Suit?" Caitlin asked them.

"I'm... We all saw that thing nearly kill him that night," Caitlin said after receiving no response to her question but Haylee sighed. "Caitlin... He nearly died, but there is something off about Harrison Wells and we need to find out what," Haylee told her. "What you're saying doesn't make any sense. That's crazy," Caitlin told them as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Can you keep Wells out of Star Labs tomorrow morning?" Cisco asked Caitlin. Haylee looked at her phone as it vibrated against the desk, she picked it up to see Jesse's contact.

"Excuse me," Haylee told them before walking out into the hall. "Hey J, what's going on?" Haylee asked the moment she answered. "Captain Singh may never walk again, his fiance is distraught and Joe is way too prideful for his own good. Mardon has threatened Barry, Iris, you and me, so Joe wants us to stay out of it," Jesse explained to her as he looked over at Barry, the two of them were at the CCPN looking for Iris. "Joe does realise that Barry and I are capable of looking out for ourselves, right? He is so adorably protective," Haylee replied with a sigh.

"How about your end?" Jesse asked her. "Cisco and I are hoping that Caitlin can keep Harrison out of Star Labs in the morning so that way we can get a safer and better look at the containment system without having to look over our shoulders," Haylee explained to Jesse before leaning against the wall. "Need me?" Jesse asked her. "Nah, you just stick by Iris and keep her safe. Let's just hope Joe doesn't do anything too rash," Haylee answered. "And let's hope Cait can keep Wells away long enough to find what you're looking for," Jesse replied.

✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*

Barry and Jesse headed to the West household where they found Iris on her phone before she looked up at the two. "Hey, have either of you heard from dad? He's not answering his cell," Iris told them as Jesse let out a slow breath. "Uh, no. Haven't talked to him," Barry answered her as he walked towards the couch, sitting on the back of it while Jesse sat down on the couch. "I'm starting to worry about him. What are you doing home so early, with Jesse?" Iris asked them, Jesse and Barry shared a glance.

"We were looking for you, actually," Jesse told her as she sat down facing the two men. "We just met your friend Mason, and he said he had some kind of proof that Dr Wells did something. Do you know what it is?" Barry asked Iris. "No, he hasn't told me," Iris answered him. "All right," Barry replied. "So, how are things going with Haylee?" Iris asked him with a giddy tone, a wide smile on her face. "Things are great. Uh, I actually..." Barry looked at Jesse for a moment before sighing, "Uh, I've been thinking about... proposing."

Jesse's brows raised at the comment while Iris squealed like a little girl before jumping up and hugging Barry. "That is so adorable! Oh, my God! You two are destined for each other! I just..." Iris calmed down and sat back on the couch while Barry fought the blush on his cheek as Jesse smirked. "I'm so happy for you, Barr. You and Haylee are living proof that love can survive anything," Iris told him before Barry's phone rang. "I've gotta get this," Barry walked away from them.