2. The False Bottom

Jaemin's POV

"Just give me a leg up!" she hissed. We were standing beneath a oak tree in the darkness beside Y/N's house. I still couldn't believe the fact that I had agreed to accompany her here. Somehow I always end up doing things her way... "C'mon! My balcony's right there! I just need to climb this damn tree," she said. "Fine... But please... Don't fall down..." I sighed. I interlocked the fingers of both my hands and held them by the tree as a foothold as she took off her shoes and socks. "Now that's more like my bestfriend!" she said. I watched anxiously as she climbed up the tree and then jumped into her balcony giving me a thumbs-up.

Y/N's POV

I lifted the curtains of my window and grabbed the spare keys I had always kept in the window pane. The lock clicked open as soon as I had inserted and turned the key. I pulled out the small torch I had in my pocket and went to my drawer. The door to my room was shut and everything was just as I had left it. I opened the drawer and pulled out a medium-sized tin box in it. "This is it..." I muttered. I went to my cupboard and grabbed a few more clothes of mine as well, stuffing them away in the backpack I was carrying along with the box. Then I walked out to the balcony, switching off the torch. The moon was up and I could pretty much see everything. A cold night breeze brushed past my cheek and I shivered slightly.

"Jaemin-ah, I'm coming down," I whispered. I was half-afraid my voice would get carried away in the silent night air and reach my parents. "Okay," said Jaemin. I adjusted my backpack and climbed back onto the branch of the tree which leaned into my balcony. I slid down the tree pretty easily and said, "Now... Let's go back to your house. I got what I wanted." "What exactly did you take from your room?" Jaemin asked. "I'll show you once we get home," I said, looking around cautiously. "Okay..." said Jaemin, "Come on then." He grabbed my hand as though it was natural and we walked out of the gate of my house quickly. I stared at our linked hands for a few minutes before shaking my head.

~Time Skip~

"Finally," I sighed, jumping on the sofa and spreading my arms and legs, throwing the backpack on the floor. Jaemin just stared at me. "What?" I asked. "You were going to show me what you brought?" said Jaemin, questioningly. "Ahh yes," I said, sitting up and patting the space beside me. He sat down and I pulled the backpack I had thrown towards me. "This," I said, handing Jaemin the tin box, "Is what I was after!"

 "This," I said, handing Jaemin the tin box, "Is what I was after!"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Jaemin opened the lid of the box only to find it empty. "Are you kidding me?" he asked, "You went there for an empty box?" "Why? It's pretty," I said, taking the box from him as though I was offended. He looked at me with annoyance and I said, "Kidding," quickly. I ran all my fingers over the bottom of the box. "What are you doing?" Jaemin asked. "Can you get me a chopstick?" I asked. He gave me a weird look but brought a chopstick from the kitchen. I took one of the sticks and ran it around the corners of the box. "Yes!" I said, pressing it down.

Jaemin's POV

I watched in shock as the bottom of the box slid inside. Y/N pulled away the bottom and inside lay a piece of paper and money. "My savings!" she said. "How did you- Was that a fake bottom?!" I exclaimed. "Yup," she said, "Sungho once tried to steal my pocket money! So I hid it here!" "And what's that paper?" I asked. She handed me the chit at once. I unfolded it carefully and saw some numbers written on it. "This is a... phone number...?" I said. She nodded solemnly. "Whose phone number is it?" I asked. "You remember I told you about a Japanese guy right? Back in high school?" said Y/N, "The one who had been running away from some people and used me to hide?" I blinked a few times and the memory came back to me.

~Flashback~

"People these days are so weird," Y/N said, sitting down on her desk in front of mine. "What happened?" I asked, looking up from the book I was reading. "Last night," she began in hushed tones, "I went out to buy groceries for my mom... There's a store near my house, you know..." "Yeah," I said. "A guy suddenly pulled me into an alley and asked me to pretend to be a couple!" she said. I frowned and said, "What did you do?" "Well! I was too shocked to respond. Turned out some people were after him! He wrote his phone number on my hand, saying he'd help me whenever I need help as a way to thank me!" she said, showing me her arm, where a number was written with a black marker.

~Flashback ends~

"Oh right!" I said, "You HAD told me about him! Don't tell me that's HIS number!" "It is," said Y/N, "I saw his photo in the newspaper earlier! He's a pretty influential person!" "Since when did you start reading newspapers?!" I exclaimed, in disbelief. Y/N and newspaper sounded pretty weird in the same sentence. She made a face and said, "My dad was reading it. But I saw his photo and I was like 'Oh! That's him!'" "But what does it matter if he's influential?" I asked, "It's not as if HE'LL remember you!" "I can just remind him," she said, airily, "AND as to what he can help me with- he can find my dad easily!" "Who is he anyway?" I asked, feeling a bit annoyed. "It's the eldest son of the Nakamoto family! Nakamoto Yuta!" she said, proudly.

~To be continued~

Thank you so much for reading guys~ ^^ I would love to hear your opinions about my story! I am writing after a long time so you are free to point out any errors as well! Bye-bye💖💖

Looking For Me (NCT ff)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें