15 | home

It's was a Sunday when Katsuki gets the ugliest certificate shoved in his face by a certain dunce-faced idiot who he sadly lives with

By ugly, he means really, really fucking ugly.

"Ta~da!" Kaminari grins, showing the godforsaken thing as if it was the key to achieving immortality. "Sorry I was one week off, Kacchan! I had to create this masterpiece first before I could congratulate you for finally not being bitchless anymore!"

It was an A4 paper, half of it wrapped in what seemed to be Katsuki's aluminum foil wrapper from the kitchen with crayon doodles scribbled on the places where the foil wasn't on. In the middle, there were crude congratulatory writings that screams nothing more than the fact this is one of Kaminari's dumbass schemes. Oh, also there's glitter on the edges. That type of shitty pink glitter which will stick to whatever surface it's on until the end of the world.

Absentmindedly, Katsuki thinks about all the ways he could dismember his roommate without being caught by the police.

"That looks like shit," he says, no further argument needed because literally, no human is going to disagree with his opinion.

"Man, come on! No need to be so crass all the time." Kaminari rolled his eyes, still snickering like an idiot. "'Sides, it looks good! If I were you, I would hang this on the wall."

"Well, if you were me, you would want to hang the person who made it instead." Katsuki jeers, slightly smirking at the shocked expression he received in return. "Whatever, just put it on my desk or somethin'. I gotta go in a min."

"Aww, gonna have a date, Blasty Boy?" The other cooed, and Katsuki gives out his trademark middle finger in retaliation.

"Fuck off, I'll kill you."

Kaminari grins, completely unperturbed by the fact that he can die if he tests Katsuki's temper even further. After saying something -- which Katsuki hadn't given the thought to listen to it -- the blond gave a pat on his back before going to place the awful certificate in his room.

It was 10 AM when Katsuki walked out.

"Didn't think you would be awake at this time." Katsuki nudged Shouto's hand with his own from where he was sitting on the side of the bed. The other had been sprawled lazily on the covers as if he was some kind of a half-assed starfish, his red and white hair mixing together with a blurry line in between.

"You told me to," Shouto answers a matter-of-factly, a small smile draping on his lips. His eyes looked up from where they were to meet Katsuki's red ones. "You asked me if we could meet up or not, and knowing you, it'll happen like 8 AM or so." He adds.

He gently flicked Shouto's forehead.

"Hah, not my fault you're such a lazy bum."

It's funny, really, how massively different Todoroki Shouto is compared to the rumors and gossip the girls in college tend to spread. If Katsuki didn't know any better, he would've thought Shouto to be the type of person who wakes up at perfectly 4 o'clock in the goddamn morning or whatever -- instead of the person who seems to be perfectly content with staying in bed until the afternoon comes around.

Todoroki Shouto is like a cat, he muses. A lazy asshole who you can't help but love because of how cute he is.

Like the devil himself, his boyfriend sat up to face him. It's been a week since everything had been cleared. A mere week, yet the blond has managed to understand what Shouto's impassive expressions meant. This time, there's curiosity seeping from heterochromatic eyes. An unspoken question dangling from the other's mouth.

Katsuki rolled his eyes, scoffing lightheartedly. "Spit it out."

"Okay," says his boyfriend as he scoots closer to the bedside. "I wanted to know why you started it -- the fights whenever we have classes together, I mean."

...Shit, that's the million-dollar question.

At that, Katsuki purposefully tore his gaze off the other and straight to one of Shouto's ridiculously, abysmally large windows. Red flushes the tips of his ears, and now he's hyperaware of the embarrassment slowly rising in him. He really does not want to explain that day to his boyfriend.

Though, as the universe always seemed to have its back on him, Katsuki has to. They'd made a promise with each other to always be honest, to avoid things like another horrible misunderstanding from resurfacing again. So yes, he has to.

"Don't you dare laugh."

"I won't." Shouto cocks his head slightly to the side. "Is it really that bad?"

Yes, you will, Katsuki wanted to retort. A sigh. "It's not that bad, but it's just -- Shou do you remember what happened during the first day of uni?"

Realization and understanding became apparent on the other's face and yep, just like what he'd been expecting, a traitorous snort escaped Shouto's mouth. At this point, the blond was just mulling whether it'll be morally alright if he were to punch the face of his week-old boyfriend. "Was it because of that?" The other asks, amusement prominent in his tone.

"Yes, now would you drop the subject already?"

To his demise, (and horror,) Shouto does not drop the subject.

"Kats, all you did that day was bump into my shoulder, saw the music I was playing, and asked about it."

Katsuki let out an exasperated groan. He turned to bury his head into the crook of Shouto's shoulder, sending them into a tangled mess laying on the bed. "Yeah, and you didn't answer back! Then I thought 'wow, this guy is a fuckin' bitch'  because you looked like you always had a stick up your ass!" His voice was muffled.

His lover's hand began carding through his hair.

"Still doesn't mean you could pick a fight with me all the time."

"You looked like an asshole, 'kay?" Katsuki reasons and Shouto raises an eyebrow at that, clearly amused. Fuck. "You were annoying -- y'know what? Fucking forget it. It's in the past anyways."

There's a gentle hum coming from the other, "I love you."

Katsuki stilled in his position, trying to process what had just got thrown at him before finally choosing to hold on tighter to Shouto's body as if he's holding on to his lifeline, heartline, or whatever line this was. Softly, softer than anything he'd ever done, he says,

"Yeah, I love you too Shou."

It wasn't an exaggeration. He truly, truly meant it.

As shitty as this might sound, he loves Todoroki Shouto.

And Shouto,

"Mhm, you'll be my first and forever," his lover says, just enough to make the butterflies in his stomach fly again. "Thank you, Kats."

Shouto loves him back.

HEAVEN'S CLOUD:
END.

;

xx.

ahhh so sorry for the delayed update! ㅠㅠ i got sick, (though thankfully it isnt covid ww) and good lord school decided to give so much things for us to do .. ah o(-( not to mention midterms is next monday too LOL. anw, i managed to wrap this up when i was sick and edited it when i felt slightly better ^^

thank u so much for the wait! next chapter is last notes