"If you're this angry at  Rebekah for going after Elena how mad do you think you'll be if I go after that pretty little brunette that was with those brothers on Thursday. Come on Nik I see the way you obey and look at her."

Immediately snapping his head Klaus clenched his jaw and threateningly walked towards his younger brother speaking low and intimidating

"You will not touch her, not even a hair on her head brother. That girl has been too much and doesn't need you parading around and bothering her."

"Oh and who are you my father?" The two stood chest to chest with looks as if they were ready to fight when their mother named Esther called for Klaus to follow her leaving Kol feeling like he had a victory now

When Esther pulled her son aside she spoke to him softly "Niklaus you put a dagger in their hearts and they feel left upon. You need to give them time, I have had a thousand years on the other side to forgive and heal and I am here to make sure this family does the same. It has been my dream for a thousand years that this family could be as one and forgiveness is not a chore it's a gift. They will forgive when ready, do not pressure them or guilt them. Now go prepare for the ball son."

☆☆☆☆☆

Back at Zeara's she was chatting with Stefan who surprised and overwhelmed because Rebekah invited him to be her date for the ball

Not quite understanding Zeara questioned her best friend who was sitting on her couch rambling "Woah woah woah, Stefan. Slow down, is this a good thing or a bad thing?"  Getting a jumbled answer the teen laughed because he never acted like this not even with Elena ever, then she reworded her question to a simpler form and smiled realizing why he was so nervous

"Stefan, do you still have feelings for Rebekah?" She tried containing her smile and being serious even though she already knew the answer. Getting a long pause, Stefan was silent the looked at his best friend with wide eyes "Oh my, I still have feelings for Rebekah. No no no no no this is not good, ok this is not good. I like a Mikaelson, a Mikaelson Zeara!"

Smiling Zeara sat next to him nudging him in the shoulder "So what? If you feel like your betraying Elena because of what they did to her and her family, then don't act on your feelings. Just saying you might want to date her before I do because jeez that woman is hottt." 

Both of them laughed before going back to their serious conversation "No seriously, do what is best for you. It's clear that's what Elena is doing. She hasn't even stopped to think how her time with Damon might be affecting you, hasn't apologized, and still expects you to be all lovey with her. If you still like Rebekah act on it, I'm sure she likes you too"

The vampire thought about what the witch said for a second then nodded and hugged her. Pulling away he looked her with appreciation in his eyes "You know you should really take your own advice."

Pretending to act confused Zeara tilted her head which made Stefan jokingly push her "Oh don't even do that. You think I don't notice but I think all of mystic falls notices. You like Klaus just admit it."

She wanted to deny, but there was no point "I do but it's just a little teenage crush and I can't act on it. After everything that he has put you through and everyone else, that is just very betraying. Stefan he literally made you tap into your ripper side and turn off your humanity."

The vampire knew she was right but klaus actually helped him realize that he is always going to be a vampire, and he needs to accept that. He also would get over everything if that meant his best friend would be happy. Not to mention it would be very hypocritical to forgive Rebekah and not Klaus