An Explanation

Long time no see, huh. After a two-year hiatus (yikes), I am finally back. A lot has changed since then. The series has ended and wow was it an ending. I promise I will explain everything but to start off, what does this ending mean for my book? Well, nothing is really going to change, except for some writing editing.

As I had said before, the release of Map of Days had messed up the plot I created from the first three books. The final two books have also messed up my plot. This had me terrified to keep writing this (ex the two-year break). No matter how much I wanted to stay true to the original source material, I want to keep this plot. While I think it's important to stay true to the OG material when writing, it was giving me so much stress that I would divulge too much and that people would hate it. I had created this plot from the pit of my teenage angst and I still enjoy it even now. As weird as it is, it's very dear to me.

Finally, I realized that at the end of the day this is fanfiction and it's something fun for me to do, not to stress over. Love it or hate it, it's me sharing something that brings me joy. So, I have made the creative decision to ignore the majority of the last three books. This is nothing against the writing of Ransom Riggs or the last three books (I enjoyed them), but I want to stick to the plot I made all these years ago. I am using the plot and information from the first three books only. Usually I am very serious about my writing (have published other things on other forums) but I wanted to come back here to a really chill community to finish this up. It's been looming over my head for years, and I want to finish it for myself and for you guys, who still care about this book somehow.

If you are a past reader, I suggest re-reading the book, as I have done some grammar and story editing, as well as changed the POV. It's nothing major, but I have updated the writing to my current style. I am doing this to make it a better overall reading experience. I am un-publishing this until I can edit the already published chapters, which hopefully won't take too long. Once that's done, I will try to update weekly. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I am sorry for the long wait, and if you're still here, thank you. I love you guys.

Just to let you know, I am also posting this book on tumblr under the same account name.