Chapter 30

Later that night we ate and then headed to the location they were filming. It was dark out now and Timothee pulled up on the side of a road. He'd hardly said anything the entire journey but I thought he was probably just preparing for his scene.

He headed straight into the trailer and I went over to Lydia.

"Hey I've got you a seat right in front of where Timothee will be" She patted the chair.

"Are you sure he'll want that?" I asked.

"Course why wouldn't he?"

"He just seemed kind of nervous about me watching him film this scene"

She looked over to Timothee coming out the trailer and then towards me as though the was reading our minds. Lydia looked down at a piece of paper then went over to the director. I sat on the seat in the middle of the road just behind the camera.

I watched as Timothee was preparing for his scene. The look in his eyes and across his whole face gave me a chill. He had a phone in his hand so I assumed he was going to have a conversation with someone.

Felix went over to Timothee and spoke to him before coming over to me.

"Hey Lucie. Great to see you here"

"Thank you for wanting me here" I smiled.

They waited for a few minutes before asking Timothee if he was ready to which he nodded faintly but continued looking down.

"AND ACTION"

I stared intensely at him not being able to look away and completely forgetting where I was. He looked as though he hadn't slept for days and he was pacing up and down the street before putting the phone to his ear.

"Hey dad it's me" He said into the phone. I could hear the weakness and pain in his voice and I could see it in his face.

"Please don't hate me dad" The way he delivered that line made my heart shatter. You could hear the tears he was holding back and the emotional torment behind his eyes that no longer seemed green.

He begged and pleaded with his dad over the phone all the while still maintaining that heart shattering look and distress in his heavy breathing

"I don't wanna talk to my sponsor dad I wanna talk to you" He said while crying at the same time. I was already in tears feeling them stream down my face. Seeing him so broken and in pain, I just couldn't handle it.

"AND CUT!"

"Timothee that was...complete perfection" Felix said.

"I can do it again. I want to do it again. That last line could've been delivered better" He said.

"Should we look at it first because everything seemed perfect to me" Felix replied.

"Yeah sure" Timothee still sounding sniffly.

He went over to look at the scene just shot, both of them analysing every move and word.

"I feel like I can do better" Timothee said.

"It's your call, but I think this is amazing" Felix patted Timothee on the shoulder.

"I feel like it needs to be more emotional. Just give me a second to get in that headspace again" And he went over to the same spot pacing and looking at the floor.

Felix walked over to me.

"He's a perfectionist" he said to me. "You can really see the passion though, his willingness to take on a role like this shows that but the fact he will redo these emotionally challenging scenes is something more than talent" Felix went on.

I nodded unable to speak, still stunned by Timothee's performance and how I have to go through that again.

They shot the scene again and this time right before they yelled action he looked over towards me, stared at me for a second then looked back down at the floor.

Well I don't know how but it was even more painful and shattering than the first. I'd never cried so much in my life I don't think.

"Timothee that's the one, trust me, that's the one" Felix said.

Timothee nodded before coming over to me. I tried wiping my tears but I think they were still rolling down my cheeks, like waves crashing against rocks and spilling over the edges.

"That was...the most heart wrenching yet beautiful performance I've ever seen in my life" Looking directly into his red stained eyes, making sure he fully hears me and knows I mean it.

He pulled me into a hug. I took in his scent, the cool breeze, the heavy breathing filling the air and the city lights from the view from where we were.