Chapter One

Fire was all anyone could see for miles. The bright red and orange flames destroying anyone and everything they touched. Burning down the place Tom Marvolo Riddle called home and killing the one person who made him feel the most human. His wife, his queen, the woman he would do anything for. His house the one they both built for them and their daughter to live in to grow and be kept safe from harm, was on fire. Without thinking and ignoring the yells of all the muggles telling him to stay away while they tried to put out the fire. Tom ran in front of the burning building and with the wave of his wand the fire was gone. Amazing the muggles that just watched a man put out the fire with the wave of his hand. By the time they got over their shock was when they heard the agony-filled crys screaming for his beloved to come back. And then a flash of green struck them all in the middle of their chests killing anyone or anything in sight.

Tom had picked up his dead wife cradling her in his arms holding her tightly to his chest hoping to see her open her beautiful brown eyes again, the eyes he had fallen so in love with, and telling him to put her down. It wasn't until he walked down the ash-covered steps and walked pasted the bookshelf door that his beloved insisted on having it for their daughter's room that he heard the soft cries of his baby. After slowly placing his wife on the burnt bench across from the bookshelf. Tom walked over still hearing the cries that scared him as he did not know if it was real or if he was being punished into thinking his daughter was still alive. Slowly pushing the shelf in and seeing that the room had been completely untouched by fire calmed him for only a second after noticing that their daughter was not in her crib, but yet still hearing her cries.

Dropping to his knees tears stream down his face now accepting that he has lost everything and is being punished to think his daughter is alive. Grabbing the plush bat that had most likely fallen out of her crib and holding it to his chest vowing to himself that whoever did this will pay. Standing up still holding the plush bat he sees the basket at the foot of the crib move. Drawing out his wand pointing at the basket about to kill whatever was making it move until it tipped over making the only two-year-old baby fall onto the floor. Giggling to herself she stood up while looking down she see black dress shoes. Raising her head to look up at the person she sees a wand the same wand she is oh so familiar with pointing right at her face. Looking into her father's eyes who was still as stone, frozen in shock as brown eyes looked into his black ones. The same eyes his lover had, blood running cold as he realize he was so close to almost killing his daughter. "Daddy" the little yelped happily running into her father's legs holding on tightly. Dropping his wand and picking up his daughter holding her his chest tears still streaming down his face. After letting her father she looks past his head seeing her mother laying and not moving. "MAMA" She cries out trying to fight out of her father's grip to see her mother "No, No, No Shh it's ok it's going to be ok Shhh Shh" Tom held her rocking her back and forth, "Th-they said n-not to hu-hur-hurt ma-mama" the girl cried "Who did this" Tom asked softly trying to keep his rage in check to not scare her. "I d-don't know b-but mama s-said potter" mumbled the girl. "Everything is going to be ok I promise no one will ever hurt us again," Tom said to his daughter while putting her down.

"Promise daddy, nobody will hurt us"

" I promise my child, no one will ever dare to go against us again"

"Ok Daddy I love you"

"And I love you more Amari"