episode eleven

Amelia leans in the archway between the living room and dining room watching Jax play with Scout

Amelia leans in the archway between the living room and dining room watching Jax play with Scout. He's somehow managed to get full on giggles, something Scout doesn't give often. She can't help but giggle along, too, happy to see her son so happy.

Enora pushes the door open. "We're hoooome." She calls.

Jax picks Scout up and hands him to Amelia. "He is awesome." He says as he hands him back before going to Enora. He kisses her gently. "I missed you."

"I was gone 20 minutes. I'd have been quicker is someone didn't have to run back for his coat." She playfully rolls her eyes at Bailey as he drops his bag.

"Not me." He smiles.

Enora laughs. "Yeah yeah. Alrighty. Guys, this is Jackson. Jackson, meet booger breath, poo face and smelly sausage." She points to Zola, Bailey and then Ellis.

Ellis giggles. "I am smelly sausage, nice to meet you." She curtseys.

Jax smiles and kneels down. "Nice to meet you, Miss Sausage." He playfully bows.

Ellis curtseys again before running to grab a snack. Bailey is uninterested and heads to the TV but Zola looks at Jax with narrow eyes. He raises an eyebrow as he stands. "Miss Booger Breath, I extend an olive brach to you and raise that we rename you Miss Sassy Pants."

Zola cracks and giggles. "Nuh! Norry is sassy - oh no I change my mind. Shes-"

"Miss Stubborn Pants." Jax says at the same time as Zola. "I totally agree."

Zola grins. "I think I like you Jackson. Only a little, my dad wouldn't be so easy so I wont." She skips away.

Jax smiles. "They're cute. That went well." He muses as he wraps an arm around her. "She talks more openly about your dad than you."

Enora shrugs small and looks over at the one and only picture they all got together after Bailey was born, Derek proudly holding him with Mer in the hospital bed and Enora and Zola stood beside it. "She is... I think it helps keep the memories fresh for her. Ellis and Bailey don't really remember him but Zozo can't tell what's real and what isn't sometimes." She sighs picking the picture up.

"What was your dad like?" He rubs her shoulders and kisses her head, stood behind her.

"Funny. Stubborn. Strict." She smiles as she touches the picture gently. "He did whatever he needed to make sure I was safe and happy even if it meant he missed out. When he left my birth mom, we had nothing. We restarted. I spent the first week here sat in the hospital waiting room because he had to work and I had nowhere else to go."

He smiles small. "That's how you learned the layout of the hospital so quickly huh? I get lost going from the bed to the bathroom but you could walk around with your eyes closed."

Enors giggles and nods. She puts the picture back. "We raced once. First to go to each floor, check in at each nurses station and be back at the lobby got to choose what we had for dinner that day. I won."