Hawks Game and Meeting Patrick Kane

It was finally my 18th birthday and we drove from Davenport, IA to the United Center in Chicago, IL, but we made it to Chicago and the first thing we did was go to the Blackhawks Store on Michigan Avenue. The reason for that is we needed some Hawk spirit in us, Dad and I got a Keith jersey, a Kane jersey, Reebok sweatshirts and T-Shirts, basketball shorts and new Hawk hats. After we were done with that we ate something at the Palace Grill near the United Center and then after that we headed to the United Center.

During the Game:

It was the first period and the Hawks were playing Nashville Predators and the Predators were ahead by one. And then out of nowhere Kaner scored a goal assisted by Tazer and I jumped up and rang my cowbell that we also bought at the store. My dad and I were so excited that we hugged each other and screamed with joy. It was the greatest moment of my life and now I can do it with my dad like we share the love of hockey. And then the intermission was upon us and now we wait for the second period.

Second Period:

Now it is the beginning of the second period and I forgot to mention that we are closest to the ice and we right up close to see the players. And there was a lot of fights in this period like one with Tazer, Shawzy and Sharpie; so there was not that many goals in this period and it is intermission again. Lets not go into overtime but it might happen.

Third Period:

This is rush central and everyone wants the puck to score the winning goal to either win for their team or lose against the opposing team. My dad is over here saying, "You Suck!" to the other team and I join in as well. And then the Hawks scored another goal by Keith and assisted by Hossa that brought the Blackhawks to the lead and then as the time was going down the other team was trying to get a goal but was stopped by Hjalmarsson. Then the buzzer goes off and the announcer says, "Hawks Win!!" over and over again. It was the best felling in the world that we would hear the roar of the United Center.

After the Game:

As we were getting ready to leave, somebody came up to Dad and asked him, "Would you and your daughter like to skate on the ice with the Blackhawks?"

I recognized this man as the Strength and Conditioning Coach on the Blackhawks and I recognized him at some of the games with Coach Q at Dad's games. And Dad said yes to that wonderful offer and we got to the locker room with all of the guys and changed into skates. I looked over my shoulder and saw Patrick Kane standing right behind me and getting his skates on too! And after that dad and I and some of the Blackhawk players skating with us and I found Kaner next to me.

"Hi! I'm Patrick. What is your name?" Kane said to me in this sexy voice.

And I say, "My name is Charlotte! But you can call me Charlie or Puck."

"It is very nice to meet you. What brings you to the United Center besides watching us play?" he asked me.

And I respond, "Well Dad wants to be on the Blackhawks. And of course he wanted to ask Coach Q but he wants to spend more time with me at my hockey games."

"You play hockey? For who?" he asked me with a chuckle.

And I say, "Yes I do play hockey. And I play hockey for the Quad City Mallards who are part of the CHL."

He gave me a look of shock and the look of awe to me. He took my hand and put his hand in mine and we skated on the ice hand in hand without my dad knowing. I never had a crush on Kane but with his body language he liked me with all of his heart; the problem with this is that he has a girlfriend but forgot that she was there. I looked over to find my dad and he was talking with Coach Q and I was confused.

After we were all done with the skate, dad came up to me and said, "Charlie, I have something to ask."

"Okay. What is it dad?" I ask him with curiosity.

He told me, "Coach Q gave me an offer and I told him I'd ask you. Do you think that I should join the Chicago Blackhawks?"

That was bold for him to ask me without preparing me for what happened. I was shocked and was wounds ring what to say.

I told him, "I think............."