Chapter 6

Cinnia's POV
"Ruy Ignis,"Dex said, tapping on the screen of the Dexified imparter, where he'd stored all the Exillium records he'd stolen. We had met up in the boys' common room to see what we could learn about the Psionipath. Dex handed the gadget to Sophie and she memorized every detail of Ruy's file - not that it was much to go on. His parents both worked in Mysterium, but they'd been the ones to turn Ruy in to the Council, so it seemed unlikely he would be in touch with them. And his location was listed as 'banished and ejected.' None of my friends knew that he was my father, and I wasn't in the mood to tell them. I had told them that my father was Gethen. Only Mr Forkle knew the truth, and he'd promised not to tell anyone. “I wonder if my brother knew him,” Fitz said, reading over her shoulder. “He’s a year older than Alvar, so he probably was a Level ahead at Foxfire. But they still would’ve crossed paths during PE and stuff.”
“Do we have a way to reach Alvar and ask him?” I asked hopefully. “My mom might,” Fitz said. “Huh, it looks like Ruy got expelled when he was a Level Four, not long after he manifested.” I frowned, that didn't sound good. The file didn’t say what Ruy had done, just the 'proven unstable and unfit for society,' we’d seen before. But at the very end of the record I noticed two words I hadn’t seen before:

Actions irredeemable.

“What do you think that means?” Dex asked. “It is not a phrase the Council marks someone with lightly,” Mr. Forkle said from the doorway. “Whom are we discussing?”
Sophie explained what me and her had learned from our Coach, and Mr. Forkle stroked his chin. He glanced my way before saying,
“I’ll have to pool my resources to uncover the specifics of Mr. Ignis’s crime. But his past is unlikely to lead to his present location.”
“It’s still important to know as much about our enemies as possible, right?” Sophie asked. “Indeed,” Mr. Forkle agreed. “But for the moment, I need you to focus on your Cognate training. As this situation continues to unravel, it’s more important than ever that the two of you reach your greatest potential. And currently, you’re progressing slower than we’d hoped.”
“Hey, I was almost dead for a week!” Fitz argued. “And we’ve worked through a ton of trust exercises.”
“You have,” Mr. Forkle agreed. “But therein lies the problem. Few people think of trust as an emotion. They prefer to view it as a force they control. But in its basest form, trust is as involuntary as sadness or anger or fear. A newborn child instinctively trusts its parents. Sophie’s mind instinctively trusts mine—and now yours as well, Mr. Vacker. So what does that tell us?”
“That Foster has questionable taste in Telepaths?” Keefe guessed. I snorted.
“No, Mr. Sencen. It’s that emotions affect our telepathy in powerful ways. Joy gives us strength and confidence. Love pushes us to try harder and never give up. Fear clouds our judgment or holds us back. Sorrow strips us of our energy and hope. Anger makes us reckless, or too aggressive. And we cannot fully control these forces on our own—but Cognates can, if they learn to recognize each other’s emotions.”
Keefe snorted. “Definitely not Sophitz’s strong suit.” I smiled. “I agree,” Mr. Forkle said. “Which is why I created a new exercise. I should’ve been diversifying your lessons earlier, to include a range of emotions beyond trust. We must make up for lost time today.”
“What about the rest of us?” Biana asked as he led Sophie and Fitz toward the stairs.
“Wraith should be here to train with you within the hour,” Mr. Forkle told her. “And Blur is coming to take a look at that database contraption of yours, Mr. Dizznee, to see if he can find a way to integrate those stones internally. And Mr. Sencen—”
“Oh, let me guess,” Keefe interrupted. “Another exciting day of reading?”
“Actually, I’d like you to assist with Miss Foster’s and Mr. Vacker’s training. Your skills as an Empath will be invaluable.” Biana and I giggled. “What?” Fitz asked. I shook my head. “Oh, nothing,” Biana said. “The three of you training together and working with emotions? I don’t see how anything could go wrong there.”
"What will I do?" I asked. "You, Miss Cinnia, are free to do whatever you please." Mr Forkle told me. I smiled. I was going to visit the twins.
Mr Forkle had given me a magsidian crystal, so I could leap there if I wanted to. I knocked on the door Linh opened it. "Ciinia! Come in!" She said. I gave her a warm smile and stepped inside the house. It was pretty small by elf standards, but still bigger than the tents Tam and Linh used to live in. Tam was lying down on Linh's bed, but sat up the moment I entered with Linh. "Hi Tam." I said, sitting beside him. "Hi Cinnia." He said and smiled back. "Do you like it here?" I asked after a moment of comfortable silence. Linh nodded eagerly. "Yeah. We're very grateful." Tam replied, pushing his bangs out of his eyes. I found that cute. We talked about pretty much anything before I decided to go. They both hugged me, but Tam held 9n for a little longer. He bent down and whispered "I'm glad you came." I blushed slightly at that. I gave each of them one last smile and held my crystal up to the light, and let it carry me away.
A/N: Hey guys, here's chapter 6. I know that this relationship is going rather slowly but it'll happen. On my Quotev account (Firedreams), I have a Tam Song x oc story which is more about their relationship than them getting together so you could read that.