"Well, I didn't 'ave anything better to do, you could say." she muttered.

"So, you chose to walk to your death." Y/n couldn't help but chuckle which earned her a confused look from Haldir.

"Youre an elf." she stated and the man tilted his head. "What could you know about walking into death?"

Haldir held back a scoff.

"I have fought in more battles than you could ever live to see, I've seen destruction and death of magnitudes you couldn't fathom."

"You've seen others pass but have you ever looked into deaths eyes yerself?" the elf stayed quiet and y/n nodded in victory until Haldir spoke again.

"Have you?"

"Aye, many times. Too many one might say. People say that if youre face to face with death, you see your life flash before your eyes but that's not true. Looking into doom, knowing theres nothing you can do, no matter who you are, it's just a moment of acceptance. No fear or panic just acceptance because deep down you know there is no way out." her voice sounded empty as she gazed into the distance recalling all the times, she had been sure she wouldn't live to see another day. She cleared her throat before speaking again.

"You only know how you've lived when you're about to die. Some are content with what they have achieved and what they leave behind. Some are desperate and full of regret, wishes of what they should have done differently and things they still wanted to do."

Again, the elf kept silent for a few seconds before asking again.

"What did you see?"

Now it was y/ns turn to be quite before she gathered her voice.

"Nothing." she quickened her steps trying to escape the uncomfortable conversation when she suddenly found herself at the top of a hill, she hadnt even realized they were climbing, in the distance they started to see the large trees of the elven city, they were almost there.

"Caras Galadon. The heart of Elvendom on earth. This is the city of Galadhrim where dwell the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light." spoke Haldir proudly when he came up next to her before they continued walking.

The elven city consisted of pale trees so large the trunks alone were the size of a ship. The roots formed intricate patterns on the floor and the other buildings seemed to be part of the trees to a point where y/n had to wonder if they had grown that way.

They were led up a large dwindling stairway up a tree to another platform where they were instructed to wait for the lady of the light and her husband. They stood before another short set of stairs that lead to a tall door made of woven white wood. When the door swung open a bright light erupted from the room behind it momentarily blinding the fellowship. Out of the light stepped two fair elves. One in a flowing white gown the other in a sturdy looking robe. They gracefully descended down the stairs the ellon holding the elleth's hand in a courteous manner.

Once they stood before them the male chose to speak in a serious tone, a grim look on his face.

"The enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone. Nine there are here, yet ten there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from afar." Towards the end the males turned solemn, maybe it was a sign of worry.

Though before one could answer the lady of the light spoke in a soft voice: "Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into Shadow." seeking answers her gaze fell onto Legolas, her blue eyes bored into his with much intensity.