CHAPTER 15 - beach

i pull up to hailee's driveway, texting her that i'm here as i lean against the passenger side of the door. she replies with a thumbs up, and a few minutes later, she comes walking out, bag on back and another bag she's holding. i smile, and she smiles back. "hey!" she says, and i open the door for her, and she gets in. "morning, hailee." i ask. "it's 12:02pm actually." she corrects me. "afternoon, i mean." i say as i close the door.

"take a left here." hailee says, and i take a left, soon arriving at adam's house. hailee pulls out her phone, tapping a few things, then putting it down. "they'll be out in a sec." hailee says, looking at me. i look back at her, smiling. "i haven't been to the beach in forever." i say, shifting my gaze to adam and jill, speed walking to the car. "yeah, neither." she says. i smile, and the 2 back doors open, adam and jill getting in. "hey, guys!" i say, starting up the car again. "hey, y/n, hey hailee." adam says, both of them buckling up.

30 minutes in, i stop at traffic lights, looking at hailee. she smiles at me, handing her hand out to me. i smile back, taking it. she guides our hands to her lap, resting them there. my eyes gaze to the road, and the light turns green.

we get out of the car, and i lock it, placing the keys in my bag. we start walking to the beach, and i take off my flip flops, holding them as my feet touch the soft sand. we find a place that's basically empty, jill opening her massive umbrella, sticking it in the sand. i place my towel on the sand, everyone else doing the same. i take off my shirt, revealing my bikini, then taking off my shorts. "nice view." hailee says, smirking. "yeah, great weather today. no clouds in the sky." i say, smiling cheekily.

my waves reach my feet, and the water isn't that cold, or hot, perfect. "is it cold?" hailee asks, a few metres away from me. "no, it's perfect, come in! adam and jill are waiting." i say, and hailee walks in, her feet now wet. "see, not bad." i say as she walks by my side, going deeper. we get to adam and jill, where the water's just below my shoulders. "i swear i felt at least 20 seaweed things on my feet while walking here." hailee says, leaning down a little to feel her feet. i look around, seeing a few people in the distance. i bring my hand up to the surface of the water, pushing the water to adam, who covers his face. "you did not just-" he says, splashing me even harder. i turn my head, covering my face, laughing. i splash him again, and he gets both his hands and starts rapidly splashing me. i turn my head to the side, laughing as i move behind hailee for cover. "y/n! don't bring me into this!" she says, covering her face as adam splashes her.

after a few hours in the ocean, hailee and i get out, heading back to the umbrella. i lay down, stomach first. hailee moves her towel next to mine, laying down, stomach up. "you tired?" she asks. "yeah, a little. are you?" i ask. "kinda, not really." she says. i move over, laying my head on hailee's right shoulder, nose touching her neck. i shift my leg over her waist, wrapping my arm loosely around her waist. "i'm gonna take a nap... wake me up when we go please." i say, closing my eyes as hailee hums in response.

hailee's pov

i wrap my left arm around y/n's waist, pulling her closer. i take out my phone from my bag, going onto camera. i stretch my arms out, getting y/n's side profile in the picture. i smile, taking multiple pictures. i see a camera flash in the corner of my eye, and i side eye it without turning my whole body. 4 paparazzi, camera's right at us. again? this is really irri- shit, they're standing where y/n's ass is right at them! i quickly lean over, holding y/n's head to stay on my shoulder. getting y/n's towel, i shake it to get the sand off, placing it on top of y/n's waist. i adjust it so it's not bunched up, laying back down. y/n wraps her arms tighter around me, snuggling her head in the crook of my neck. 

y/n's pov

light tapping touches my shoulder, and i open my eyes, closing them again. "too bright." i mumble, and hailee lightly chuckles. "c'mon, let's watch the sunset for a bit, then we'll go home." hailee says. after a few seconds, i sit up, rubbing my eyes. hailee stands up, stretching. "c'mon, love." she says, offering her hands down to me. i smile, placing my hands in hers, and she pulls me up. i let go of one hand, still holding her other hand as we walk towards the water. "love, huh?" i say. "i call everyone that, it's cute." she says. we reach the end of the dry sand, standing there next to adam. "pretty sky, huh?" jill says, staring at it. "yeah." i say, leaning into hailee.

after packing everything in the car, hailee and i get in the back seats, jill driving and adam in the passenger. we start driving and i lean my head on the window, constantly bumping it against the window. suddenly, the car goes over a speed bump, causing me to hit my head hard on the window. "ow, shit." i say, taking my head of the window, rubbing it. hailee snickers at me, unbuckling her seatbelt quickly, moving into the middle seat, buckling up again. "lean your head on my shoulder." she says. i smile, shifting my body to lean my head on hailee's left shoulder, causing her to lean her head on mine. i lift up my right hand, gliding it down hailee's left arm, our fingers touching each others. i play with her fingers for a few seconds, smiling. after, i intertwine our hands, resting it on hailee's thigh. 

we arrive to my penthouse after adam and jill go home, and hailee parks in the carpark, both of us getting out, agreeing for hailee to stay the night. we walk into the penthouse, and i unlock the doors, placing my bags on the table. "hungry?" i ask. "no, i'm still full from the taco bell we had on the way back." she says, plopping on my bed. "yeah, same." i say, walking over to hailee. she opens her arms, smiling. i smile too, and i put one knee on one side of hailee, laying down on top of her. i wrap my arms around her neck, and hailee's arms go around my waist. "hey, look at this picture i took." hailee says, picking up her phone. a few seconds later, i turn my head, smiling at the photo of hailee and i at the beach, my head on hailee's shoulder, eyes closed. "can you send that to me, please? i'll put it as my wallpaper, my phone's in my back pocket." i say, and hailee reaches in, taking it out. "put your password in, please." she says, pointing my phone at me. "it's 2834." i say, and hailee smiles, putting it in. 

"this good?" she says, showing me the wallpaper. i smile, nodding. "yeah, perfect." i say, and hailee smiles, giving my phone back to me. "cute." i say, and i put my phone down on the bed. "you are." she replies. "cringe." i reply, making hailee laugh. i lift my head up, arms supporting my weight. "you know what else is cringe?" she says, as i lean closer to her. "what?" i whisper, nose touching. "this." she replies, leaning in, lips connecting.