CHAPTER 8 - interview

i flop onto taylor's soft bed, taylor sitting on her bed. "what time is it?" hailee asks, sitting next to taylor. "3pm." taylor says. i close my eyes for a few seconds, before my phone vibrates. i pick it up next to me, looking at the number. "wired's calling me..." i say, accepting the call.

i hang up, putting the phone next to me. "they offered the wired autocomplete interview tomorrow at 2, they asked if you wanted to do it with me, hailee, i'll pick you up so it's easier. if not i'll do it by myself." i ask, sitting up. hailee smiles, nodding. "yeah, of course!" she says, and i smile back. taylor looks in between us, back and forth. "uh... anyways, saw that paparazzi video at the airport, they can sure be a pain in the ass." taylor says. "yeah, but i guess there's nothing you can do." i say, lightly chuckling. taylor pulls out her phone, tapping a few things before facing it towards hailee and i. "oh my god..." hailee says. i smile, examining the photo. hailee and i are in line, waiting to get in the plane. my arms are wrapped around her, and hailee's leaning into me. "you guys really dumb enough to do this in public?" taylor says, scoffing. "taylor, we aren't dating! friends can't lean on each other apparently." i say, and she turns her phone off. "yeah, right." she replies, unconvincingly. i lay back down, and taylor leans forward, lightly punches my stomach, laughing. "dipshit." i say, groaning, holding my stomach.

taylor turns on her tv, going on netflix. i sit up, shuffling my body to lean against taylor's cushioned headrest in between taylor and hailee. "what to watch..." taylor says, skimming through the movies. i lean forward, taking my vintage camera out of my bag. leaning back, i stretch my arms out, making sure to precisely estimate that we're all in frame. "taylor, look." i say, and she looks at the camera. hailee and taylor squeeze in, and i smile, taking the photo, flashing. "i'll check it later." i say, putting the camera back in my bag.

i pull up to the address hailee sent me, looking at the mansion. "wow..." i mumble, parking on the curb. picking up my phone, i call hailee. "hey, i'm outside." i say, and she replies with an okay, hanging up after. a few minutes later, hailee comes jogging to the car. she opens the passenger, quickly getting in. "good afternoon!" she says, buckling up. "afternoon, steinfeld." i say, looking out on the road before turning out. "is that your house?" i ask. "yeah, it is. why?" she confirms. "it's a nice house." i compliment, smiling. "thanks, expensive as hell." she replies.

"alright, shooting in 3...2...1." the cameraman says. "hey wired, i'm y/n l/n..." i start. "and i'm hailee steinfeld." hailee finishes, next to me. "and this is our wired auto complete interview!" we both say at the same time, smiling. "have you googled yourself before?" i ask hailee, and she smiles. "yeah, sometimes i regret it though. have you?" she asks. "no, never in my life. of course i have!" i say, and she laughs.

"okay, first one for you hailee, thank you." i say as i'm handed the paper. "i'm ready!" she says, rubbing her hands together. "alright... first one. hailee steinfeld..." i say, tearing off the paper revealing the question. "how is hailee steinfeld. yeah, how are you, hailee?" i ask, with a grin. "h-how am i? y-yeah, i'm good." she says, confused. "how tall is hailee steinfeld?" i read the next question. "this is where i lie and say 5'7! when really i'm 5'6." she whispers the last part, winking at the end, making eye contact with me. i feel my cheeks burning a bit, and i clear my throat, ripping off the next question.

"alrighty, y/n. your turn!" she says and i put the sheet on the floor. "thank you." she says as she's handed the sheet. "y/n l/n..." she reads the start, peeling off the paper. "is y/n l/n a producer?" hailee reads. "yeah i am, photographer and videographer too." i say, smiling at the camera. "she's very talented." hailee says, and we both smile at each other. "what is y/n l/n doing right now?" hailee reads, and i laugh. "w-what am i doing like right now?" i say, chuckling. "right this second, i am sitting here with my favorite person, talking to you." i say, looking at hailee then the camera with a smile.

"thank you... hailee steinfeld and y/n l/n." i say, reading the search bar on the paper. i peel off the sticker, reading the question. "is y/n l/n taking photos for hailee's tour?" i read, smiling. "yes indeed. actually, hailee just finished the first show of her tour!" i say, smiling at hailee. "yeah, i did! and y/n took the best photos, i'm glad she's here with me, i wouldn't want anyone else to take my tour photos." hailee says. "some photos are on our instagram and twitter by the way." i say, half whispering, making hailee giggle. "okay... next question." i say, peeling off the sheet. "is hailee steinfeld and y/n l/n dating?" i ask, laughing after the question. hailee laughs along, shaking her head. "no, no we're not." hailee says. "we actually get this question a lot it's concerning. but hey, you heard it from hailee herself." i say, also confirming it. 

we head back to the car, and i open it for hailee, letting her in. "thanks." she says, getting in. "watch your legs." i say, before closing the door. i get in the driver's seat, starting the car up. "fun interview, huh?" i say, smiling. "yeah, interviews are fun with you, we should do it more often." she says, and i start up the car, driving away.

"here we are." i say, pulling up to hailee's driveway. "do you wanna come in?" she asks, smiling. "huh?" i ask, confused. "i asked if you wanna come in, we can meet my family." hailee says. "a-are you sure?" "yeah, of course. come on." she says, getting out of the car. 

"nice to meet you, mrs steinfeld." i greet hailee's mom, and she shakes her head. "call me cheri, please." she says with a smile. "okay, cheri." i say, smiling back. she pulls me in for a hug, and i hug back before letting go.

"your room is so nice!" i say, looking around. "thanks, y/n." hailee says. "oh my god! stay right here." hailee says, rushing out the door. i open my mouth to say something, but she's already gone. i sit on her bed, waiting for hailee to come back. i hear quick footsteps and i look up, seeing hailee. "oh my god!" i say, seeing a small dog in her hands. i stand up, walking towards her. "is this your dog?!" i ask, and she nods, smiling. "yes! this is martini, or teenie or short, she's a yorkie." hailee says, patting her. "god... she's so cute! and so small!" i say, and hailee giggles. she sits on the floor, putting martini down. i smile, sitting down across from hailee. martini runs up to me, jumping on my lap. i smile, holding her up to my face. "you are so cute!" i say, gently kissing martini on the face. she licks me back, and i laugh, saliva on my cheeks. "she likes you!" hailee says, smiling.

i lay next to hailee on her bed, teenie in between us. i gently pat teenie downwards, feeling her soft hair. hailee's phone vibrates opposite me, and she turns it on, smiling before texting. i look down to martini, gently picking her up and placing her on my stomach.