Waltz of Tears

Dedicated to @hatsendayo

.....

From the moment I was born, I have never shed a single tear. Whether it be tears of happiness or sorrow, I've never been able to let it out.

I wonder how it feels to shed tears... but for what reason would've I cried?

.

.

"Today, the first day of spring in 2015, the renowned singer from Rakuzan Entertainment Agency, Akashi Seijuro, has officially announced his retirement from the world of entertainment after his latest album release."

Gentle sapphire orbs shifted their gaze from the pocket novel, in her right hand, to the large flat screen television in the electronic store to her left. She halted in her steps as she listened to the news and soon her classmates joined the small crowd in front of the electronic store.

"Akashi-san said that he wished to focus on his studies from now on and live a normal university student life at one of the most renowned universities in Japan. His plans after finishing his studies remain unknown until further notice."

Moments after the news anchor finished her part of the news the crowd, around the long teal haired girl, began to gossip to one another while the bluenette's attention was still focused on the screen. More specifically, her eyes were staring at the image of a certain crimson haired vocalist, who had a pair of mismatched color eyes, face the paparazzi's who were eager for more details on his retirement.

"Music has been my life. It's a drive that kept me going. And it only feels like yesterday that I made my first debut," he looked at the camera as his lips curved into a smile as he continued, "Seven years went by in a blink of an eye. Everyone's support towards my songs are greatly appreciated. Regardless of what may come, at some point I have to focus on my own life and start working towards what I've always dreamed of..."

He shot another smile at the camera as he finished, "Thank you for everything."

After his short speech, the cameras and phones began to snap photos as the vocalist's manager quickly ushered the crimson haired vocalist into car and shielded him from the mob of paparazzi's. The bluenette's eyes caught glimpse of the crimson haired vocalist's face scrunching in pain before the car quickly drove away. She glanced at the people around her and realized that no one had noticed the vocalist's slip but her. The crowd was too busy whining and what not about their idol's retirement to notice that his composure had slipped for a second on television.

Slowly, the teal haired girl slipped from the crowd and continued to her walk home as she focused on her pocket novel. It was none of her business if the crimson haired vocalist decided to retire. After all, there was no reason for her to care about someone who had never noticed her existence.

....

"It's been a while everyone," he greeted everyone the moment he slid the door of the music department lecture hall open.