𝟙𝟙 - 𝕌𝕟𝕦𝕤𝕦𝕒𝕝 𝔸𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤

Start from the beginning

A third voice spoke up now. It was gentle and kind and it came from my right. "Yushiro, please stop. You may hurt her further." A beautiful woman spoke. Her eyes were purple and compassionate, Like how a mother would look at a child. Her ebony hair was styled formally and traditionally, and her flower-patterned kimono was the perfect complement to her appeal.

My eyes slightly widen as I realize that she is a demon as well. "Of course, lady Tamayo! I'm sorry!" The boy above me spoke as he unclenched his fist and laid it by his side, his other hand held my shoulder in a calming manner as he finished.

The lady nodded to him with a smile before turning to my weak form. "I assume that you already know that we are demons, right?" She asked. I cautiously and shakily nodded in response to her question. "I promise we mean no harm. We only wish to help." She spoke softly.

I stared at her skeptically before Tanjiro spoke up. "It's okay, (Y/N)-Nee. They are good demons! They helped me with the incident in town earlier, and even helped me kill two others of their own kind!" He spoke as he held my hand and rubbed circles on my knuckles. He smiled warmly. "Trust me, I used my nose on them, and I smelled no aggression. You can trust them." He finished.

I looked at the boy for a moment before I sighed and nodded after closing my eyes. "If...you're good, doesn't that mean...that Muzan's after you..?" I spoke painfully and slowly as I looked at the boy above me.

The lady responded as the boy above me narrowed his eyes and furrowed his brows. "He is, but he is yet to catch us." She smiled.

"Why..are you here then? If Muzan's in this city...aren't you supposed to stay away..from him? Why..are you here?" I spoke in curiosity as the pain continued to run through my body with every word I spoke.

She sighed before responding. "We were only made aware of his presence in the city when we watched you battle and when Tanjiro told us about him earlier" She spoke. "My name is Tamayo, and the boy whose lap you rested in is Yushiro." She introduced as she looked over my weak form.

Before descending down and peering into my eyes, the boy above my scoffed once again. Our faces were inches apart, and our breaths collided with each other. Tanjiro's fingers slipped away from my own as the demon abruptly moved his face away from mine. Yushiro took my head from his lap and gently placed it on the stony ground beneath us. He looked at Tamayo.. "Lady Tamayo, she is in critical condition. We have to get her back to be treated."

The woman nodded at Yushiro. "Very well." She looked down at me as Yushiro picked me up and held me, bridal-style. "If it's alright with you, we would like to take you back to our base to treat your wounds" She smiled yet again. I sighed and nodded as we began our journey through the dark alleyways to their base. The last thing I heard before falling unconscious was the footsteps of my comrades and the shouting of drunk men in the distance.

I slowly regained consciousness and tremendous pain quickly surged through my body. I grunted in pain and clenched my fists while grinding my teeth in pain.

I felt the material of a hospital bed beneath my fingertips and the aroma of medicine and books fill my system.

I felt a rough and gentle hand land on my clenched one. "(Y/N)-Nee, You're awake" I heard Tanjiro speak happily. "Me and Nezuko are going to head out now. I figured that you need more time to recover, so we'll meet up later, okay?" His voice was just over a whisper as he continued to caress my hand. "Please send me a letter once you're fully recovered. Then we can meet up again." He sighed. "I hope you get better soon, but please don't rush after me. I promise to stay safe, so don't worry." He spoke gently as he leaned down and kissed my forehead.