Pretty eyes, stupid lies 1 (Hyunlix)

Zacznij od początku

,,Mr. Lee are you paying attention?" someone interrupts my thoughts. I realize that I was thinking about Hyunjin again.

,,I'm sorry, I just got lost in my thoughts," I answer truthfully. Right now I don't feel like lying or even making up some stupid lie. No one would fall for it anyways.

,,Please focus," the teacher looks away from me and continues in her talking.

,,What are you thinking about? Get your head in the game Lix," whispers my seatmate. I feel he knows what or who I was thinking about.

,,Okay class. I want you to get in groups of two to make projects. It's gonna be presentations, less text, more talking, for approximately 15 or 20 minutes. I am leaving this paper here so write your names to a topic you want. Someone responsible could bring me the paper after everyone's name is written there," the professor shows us the paper before she puts it on the teacher's table.

After she leaves, a lot of my classmates run to the table as usual to get the best topic and of course with the person they want.

,,Are we doing this together?" I ask Jisung. We have always done projects together since our first school year and I guess that this time it won't be different.

,,Yeah. I am going to sign us down. Any preferred topic?" he stands up lazily.

,,No. Take anything that is free," I collect my stuff I have spread on the desk during the lesson. Jisung nods ad leaves. I really love doing projects with him. We have always so much fun while the process, like 80% of the time we laugh, eat and do everything but the project and that 20% we work on it really hard. It always turns out perfect. When it comes to presenting, Jisung hates it. To be honest I don't really like it either but I can manage better. In our class is like twenty-five students, except for us, but in my opinion there are not even ten people paying attention while someone's presenting. However, Jisung is always very nervous so we'd decided that he will talk less than me whenever we're talking about our topic.

,,So?" I look at him when he comes back. Jisung is not in a good mood today.

,,I have the digestive system with Seungmin. You have the circulatory system," he flops on the chair next to me.

,,What? Didn't we want to do it together? Wasn't there a single topic that was free?" I give him a shocked look. Like how the fuck am I supposed to do a presentation with someone else than Jisung? I am ready to switch with someone to be with him in a group. Oh and trust me, I am able to bribe them.

,,There were a few of them," Jisung answers with a flat voice.

,,Then? You don't wanna do it with me? What's wrong?" my mouth hang open at his words.

,,Your name was already written there with someone else," he says calmly.

,,What?!"

,,Go and take a look yourself if you don't believe me." I stand up and make my way to the teacher's table. Probably all of my classmates are already signed down because no one is paying attention to the paper anymore.

I grab it and my eyes start looking for the circulatory system. Why aren't those topics in alphabetical order? How am I supposed to find the one I'm looking for?

Here it is! Finally I found it. I started to think I'm blind but the good news is that I am not.

My name is written as the first one and the second one is-

,,Hyunjin?" I read it out loud. It must say something else. My eyes are playing tricks on me. But even after a few seconds it's still the same name.

I lift up my head looking around the class but I don't find him. He's gone. It doesn't make any sense. Why would someone like Hyunjin want to do a presentation for a biology class with a person like me?