Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Wanda walks around the park. She has been looking at people walking by. And old man feeding birds and children playing in the grass. After her last mission she doesn't remember a thing, only a growl and the scream from the soldier, the lifting from the ground and the moment she blacked out. In her pocket she has the book she got from y/n and the small paper with her number. She hasn't text her or called, not before she has finished the book. She sits on the bench looking over at the lake hearing people talking, and laughing. She grabs the book and starts reading. She forgets everything around her. Every sound goes numb and before she knows it hours pass by. A tear rolls down her eyes after the final words of the page. She wipes it away and closes the book. She sighs and looks around, there are less people in the park. She looks at her phone. No texts. The first thing that pops in her mind is y/n. She types in her number and hears the phone ringing.
"This is y/n speaking" a hoarse voice could be heard on the other end of the line.
"Hey y/n it's Wanda, you sound sick, are you alright?"
"I'm fine, you called me, are you alright?"
Wanda stands up and walks trough the park. "Yeah i just finished the book, it was beautiful and sad" she could hear a small laugh from y/n.
"I know, and now, you need another book?"
"Well you got me hooked on this one so yes, I'm coming over if you don't mind"
"I would love that, but you can't right now, if you want I can come over later this week?"
"Yeah alright, sounds cool, can't wait to see what you got for me"
"Alright, anything else red head?"
Wanda laugh "red head?"
"What not good?" She could hear a grin on y/n face. Was she flirting?
"I don't know yet, but no that's all, I'll see you around and get well soon, I can hear that hoarse voice over the phone.
"Thanks, goodbye Wanda"
"Bye y/n" she hangs up the phone and walks back to toe compound.
"There she is, where have you been?" Natasha asks when she sees Wanda entering the living room and taking a seat. "I was at the park, just reading and looking at people nothing more"
Natasha just nods. "What is it?"
"Nothing I didn't know you where a reader, you've spoken to y/n?"
"Uhm, yes few minutes ago. Think she is sick but I'll meet her later this week"
"She is sick?"
"Yes Nat, everyone gets sick, but she said she's fine so I'll see her later" Natasha just nods. Grabbing the remote and puts on the news. Wanda just sits there while everyone gets back from training, the lab or just from there room into the living room. "Wanda do you remember something from last mission?" Steve says after a while. She looks up and shakes her head. "Nothing, that I haven't said already. Only a growl, a scream and getting lifted from the ground" Steve nods. Everyone looks at Wanda, they haven't found out what happened and who saved her.
"Well I'm hungry, who wants cheeseburgers?" Tony says as he stands up from his chair. Everyone nods and after an hour Clint came back with a bag full of burgers.
A few days go by. There was no mission and everybody just trained and Bruce and Tony went to the lab, building new equipments. Wanda was just sitting on her bed watching a episode from her favorite sitcom when her phone went off. She saw the caller ID and answered immediately. "This is Wanda speaking" she smiled while coping y/n line.
"Well hello Wanda, if you have time to come down stair we can go someplace" Wanda stands up looking out of the window and seeing a motorcycle standing in front of the building. There stands a person next to it with a black jacket and a red lumberjack blouse. Her jeans ripped as always with black sneakers. Wanda hangs up the phone grabs a jacket and walks out of her room. "Where are you going?" Steve asks.
"None of your business Cap" she grins and walks away.
"So I see your better" Wanda grins seeing y/n.
"I told you I wasn't that sick, but are you ready for some adventure?" She throws a helmet at Wanda and takes a seat.
"I thought you would show me some books"
"Oh I will, but first an adventure if your in?" She starts the vehicle and Wanda walks over and takes a seat behind her putting her arms around y/n waist. She drives away, out of the city towards a small town and stops in front of a coffee shop.
"We could drink coffee in the city why here?" Wanda says while getting of the motorcycle.
"This is not just a coffee shop" y/n says and opens the door leaving it open until Wanda walks in. In the room are a lot of small cages with little puppy's in different colors. White, black, grey, brown and mix. There tails wiggling and jumping around waiting to get pet by people. "Omg this is amazing, and I can just-"
"Yes you can just go in and grab on." Y/n smiles and both girls get in a cage. Every puppy goes to y/n and Wanda laughs.
"They do love you" she says. Y/n smiles and whispers something to a few puppy's and before Wanda knew they jumped against her trying to lick her face. They laugh a lot at each other or at the puppies being very weird and wild.
"Glad you like dogs" y/n says with a puppy in her lap.
"Why, you don't like cats" y/n laughs and shakes her head. "Well, yes and no. There mean and they don't like me so I don't like them"
"Well I'm more a puppy girl then a kitty girl." She takes a sip from a cappuccino she ordered. The look at each other and smile. "I don't wanna leave this place, this cutie is sleeping on my lap"
"I know, did you say when you need to get home?"
"No, why?" Wanda says while petting the sleeping puppy.
"You are gonna like it but also hate it"
"I have to say goodbye to him am I?" Wanda says with a small smile. Y/n just nods and very carefully grabs the puppy without waking him up and places it on a soft blanket. "You are really good at this"
"Special gift I think" they stand up and walk out of it saying goodbye to the people in the shop.
"Alright where are we going?" Wanda puts on the helmet and looks at y/n grinning.
"Also a surprise, you do trust me right?"
"Yes I trust you" she takes a seat behind y/n and again they drive off. A few minutes later there all alone at an open there is a beautiful view at the city and a small bench. Wanda walks over at the bench and looking at the city. "This is beautiful, everything seems so small" she looks bag and sees a basket in y/n hand and a blanket under her arm.
"Before you say anything, this is just to make it cozy"
"I already thought, because it looks really romantic" y/n grins while putting down the basket and putting the blanket over the bench. They take a seat with the basket on y/n side. She opens it and grapes two cans and a small box of beautiful red strawberries.
"You came prepared?"
"I always do" y/n smiles and grapes a strawberry. "So we haven't much talked about the book" y/n says after some time to enjoy the view.
"Right, well when I started the book I knew it was going to get sad"
"Well yes, but that's not the point here" y/n responds. Looking away from the city to look at Wanda. "There is more behind the lines"
"I don't fallow, we are still talking about the book" Wanda smiled.
"Yes, but those boys had 24 hours so, they start living right?" Wanda nods waiting for y/n to continue "well why wait until you die when you can live already"
"Yes, live as if everyday is your last" Wanda says now knowing what y/n meant. "And that's what you are doing?"
"Well yes I am are you?"
"Well, if any day could be my last I want to, but I don't know how" y/n nodded knowing that something's have happened in the past she's not ready to talk about so she's not gonna ask.
"I can help you with that, but first-" she grabs a book out of the basket showing it to Wanda. "This, my friend is one of my favorites and can put a smile on every sad face"
"Harry Potter?"
"Yes, don't tell me you've only seen the movies" Wanda doesn't look hiding a small smile.
"Wanda Maximoff, there is so much information in the books that didn't made the movie. So I'll give you this one, I also got 2 and three. After your done I want to know what you think so far" Wanda nods and takes the books from y/n.
They talk some more and slowly the sun goes down. "As much as I like this time with you, I don't think your team will be happy if you came back late"
"Your right, I had a lovely time" they stand up cleaning the stuff and going back to there motorcycle. Y/n sees Wanda shiver and takes off her jacket to give it to Wanda. "You don't have to, you where sick earlier"
"I insist, besides I don't get cold that fast" Wanda takes the jacket and puts it on feeling the warm from the jacket already. They drive slowly towards the compound. Wanda holding herself tight around y/n feeling her warmth.
"You were right" she yells over the wind.
"About what?"
"That your not getting cold, your body is very warm" Wanda can't see y/n smiling while they keep on driving further. It's already dark when they finally made it back. Wanda gets off looks at y/n "I've had an amazing time, and hope we can go back to the puppy's real soon" y/n grins.
"You got the books?"
"Yeah right here, I'll text you, drive save"
"Yeah thanks, text you, have a lovely night" she nods and drives away.
"Wait! I I still got your jacket" she shakes her head and walks inside. Already knowing who's waiting for her in the living room.
"We got some left overs for you" Steve says. Seeing Wanda entering the room.
"When are we gonna see her again?" Natasha asks sitting next to Steve with a grin on her face. Wanda puts down the books and the jacket from y/n. "We went to a coffee place with puppies and I don't know when we see her again" she goes to the kitchen grabbing some food and a glass of water and goes to the living room taking a seat in a chair.
"Puppies?"
Wanda nods "yeah it's very fun, she's really good with dogs" Natasha nods still with a grin on her face.
"So you two are friends?" Steve asks.
"Yes Steve, just friends" Steve looks at Natasha and laughs.
"Ten bucks it's gonna be more" he says and walks away.
"Where just friends Steve" Wanda yells after him. She takes a bite after putting on an episode of her favorite sitcom.
"You know, if you are gonna hang out more we want to meet her, I know her a little but you've seen the others"
"I know, maybe next week"
"Alright" Natasha stands up and walks out of the room, saying goodnight leaving Wanda alone in the living room. Her phone goes off as she sees a text from y/n.
'Got home save, have a lovely night, hope your group wasn't that hard on you'
Wanda smiles before replying that it went alright and saying goodnight.
That night as she lays in bed, sound asleep. She felt a pain against the back of her head, the growling and the scream from the soldier from her last mission. She was there again. It was blurry, trying to focus. She sees some sort of person but only twice the size. And two yellow lights, eyes. Starring at here before it jumps over her. Before she could really see what it was she wakes up. Her head hurts. She's sweating looking at the time the day already starts.
She slowly gets out of bed and walks into the kitchen.
"Bad night or just a late night?" Bruce asks. He was up early or just worked all night with some power naps in between.
Wanda grabs some water and an aspirin. "Bad dream, well I don't think it was a dream"