Chapter 31 - Bought building

Start from the beginning

"Christmas Eve?!"

"You didn't just get shot, you got a punctured lung, a fractured/broken rib or two, and with the stitches if they open- are you kidding me?!" the group jumps at his shout.

"What is it??" Loki stands.

"These idiots didn't put a date or notes on IV!" he storms out making the god nearly lunge after in pure angered adrenaline.

"In conclusion, you get to sleep until Christmas," Nat shrugs.

"Lucky," Sam grumbles.

"How much for you to shoot me?" Pietro asks Clint.

"Not a dime," he says quickly. "I mean... uhm... $10...?"

"I'm worth at least $25," Pietro turns away, offended.

"I need to go to work! I have bills to pay- Mrs K! Oh she'd be worried-"

"Called her," Frigga informs. "She seems lovely... when not screaming about murdering the person who did this..."

"Sounds like her... but no! I need to pay my rent-"

"Rent?" Frigga tilts her head, "you don't need to pay rent,"

"What?" you were trying to figure whether concussion was on the list Strange read aloud.

"Oh, I bought the building you were staying at, I feel as though it could be improved," she gave such an innocent smile but your stomach had dropped. "You deserve so much better- and so does that neighborhood,"

"So you just... bought the building I live in??"

"And renovations should be made within the next week,"

You felt faint at the news, the weight of relief, excitement, adrenaline of knowledge just crashed, "darling? Are you alright?"

"Oh I'm great," you give a manic giggle before staring at the Queen. "When we break up, she won't evict me, right?"

"I won't let her," he kisses your temple. "I think it's best Y/n gets some sleep,"

Everyone yawns in response, Strange's sudden return scaring them back awake. "Are we going home?"

"Yup," Bucky salutes your way, pushing his two best friends out the door. "See ya!"

"We'll visit again tomorrow, okay?" Wanda puts two thumbs up with Vision, already planning on what to bake you.

"We're off," Tony ruffles Peter's hair, offering rides to other people.

"Goodnight guys," you could hardly raise your hand but made an effort regardless to say goodbye to the tired hero-trainees.

Anna taps Stephen's shoulder making him sigh, "Come on," Strange bends his knees a little, Anna jumping on his back.

"I promise I'll get the perfect plushie for you!" Anna says with a large yawn, almost completely asleep once the two were through the portal. "And no, I couldn't ensure Y/n's safety because tampering with this storyline means the TVA and Illuminati will be on my ass," she says to the readers, portal shut behind the two completely.

Bthis point, Thor, Fleora and Frigga had decided to leave as well. Loki however refused to leave your side, the others knowing it was no use to argue.

"Alone at last," Loki shuts the door, head against it.

"We are not having sex,"

This took the god by complete surprise, "I wasn't going to- you just got shot!-"

"Calm down, I'm only kidding," you use the remote to prop yourself up a little more. "I don't think I have the energy or ability,"

"We're also in a hospital, my darling. This isn't exactly the most mood setting environment," he sits on the ledge, kissing your now intertwined hands.

"You should have gone home," your palm rests on his cheek, "sleep in your comfy bed,"

"I'd rather stay here... with you," Loki put your clasped hands against his forehead. "I'm happy with you,"

~~~

Sorry guys, can't actually tamper too much or else my writing rights get taken away 🕺

- Anna ❤️