[𝟏𝟐] 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓

Start from the beginning

"Finally. I couldn't keep up with what abuelita was telling us." Olivia mumbled which made penelope furrow her brows in confusion.

"Oh, finally you're home. I have great news!" Elena exclaimed.

"Oh that reminds me! Papito has great news!" Lydia smiled widely which made Elena smile flattened. Olivia placed a hand on her shoulder for comfort, feeling bad for her.

"I do. In school, we have out nation project and today we picked our countries. We chose alphabetically by our last names. Finally, makes me proud to be an Alvarez." Alex said confidently.

"So not the brave military mom wounded in the line of duty? Okay." Penelope said sarcastically causing Olivia to giggle.

"Let me guess, you went for the easy A and picked America?"

"No, stupid Travis Aarons got America." Alex scoffed. "I chose Cuba."

"Yeah and then freaking Stacy Connors partnered up with you." Olivia mumbled under her breath so that Alex couldn't hear her and rolled her eyes. She couldn't admit it to anyone but herself that she was too, jealous about Alex partnering up with Stacy for the project.

"No papito, Cuba chose you." Lydia said as she pinched Alex's cheek.

"What about you, Livi? What did you pick?" Elena asked the redhead.

"Well, since my name last name started J, I picked the easy one and went with Japan. Luckily, we could pick partners with it without the same alphabetical letter as our last name." Olivia explained.

"Really? Did you pick Alex?" Elena raised her brows.

"Nope. Because unfortunately your brother decided to pick Stacy Conners as his partner and not his own best friend!" Olivia scoffed.

"And she decided to pick Henry Samson as HER partner." Alex shot back.

"Alright guys, that's enough. You don't have to be jealous about that." Penelope said from the kitchen.

"I'm not jealous!" Alex and Olivia both said in unison before looking at each other with a glare causing penelope to laugh.

"I mean, it'll be nice for you to do some research on where we're from."

"Yeah, I'm probably just going to film abuelita blabbing for a while. You know her, "Cuba, Cuba, Cuba. Ay, azúcar!" Alex imitated.

Olivia rolled her eyes and slightly chuckled at Alex which made him gave her a soft smile as she placed her plate in the sink.

"You have captured my essence." Lydia smiled in awe.

"I won't even have to write a paper, it's like no work." Alex shrugged.

"Be less excited about that part. Put some effort in."

"Hey, why are you so hard on him?" Lydia scolded and Penelope scoffed. "Are you kidding me? What happened to, "an A is an A, but B is an F, and a C stands for China because that's where you're going to live now."

"Okay, that's true but papito has such a pretty face to fall back on." Lydia said in awe as she looked at her grandson.