FORBIDDEN LOVE CHAPTER ONE

𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙗𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚

Today was an easy day. It was the end of my shift. I was packing my stuff in my bad, and turning off my office light. My job, as the only female police officer, was very uncomfortable for me. But, I always have to stay guard and seem tough. I always got looks, lots of whispers as in: "Oh, she is just a girl,she isn't that tough" and it annoys me a lot. I could beat up all these guys here.

Long story short, I was transferred here from Florida. Florida was way too difficult to me, so they moved me to this small town called Hurricane in Utah. It was small, but the place felt huge. Although, if you lived here for 4 years, you would most likely know everyone in the whole damn city. I was living in a small apartment I recently bought, and man, this place gives me the chills.

It's just..It  doesn't feel right to me.

I would shrug it off, but I feel like someone is always watching me. I'm most likely being paranoid, but I can't just shrug the feeling of my stomach crumpling like a piece of paper. I said my goodbyes to everyone and wished a goodnight. It was cold, but I hurried to my car.

.
.
.

I was just getting out of the shower and put a face mask on. I turned the news on, since I only owned so many channels. Maybe in the future there will be more. I was eating my dinner, frozen food heated up. The news was as normal as it was. The telephone rang and I picked up, "Hello? Who is speaking?"
"Honey it's me." It was my mom, her soothing voice and she sounded energetic. "Oh hey mom!"
"Hi honey. We miss you so much already. You are so far from us now!" She cried, and I chuckled. "I miss you, too, mom. Everything here is so different compared to Orlando." I sighed, the only reason I moved was because they said they would pay me double, and it was confusing, since where I ORIGINALLY worked, it was a rank too high for me. I guess they were low on staff or something.

Me and my mom spoke for about 20 minutes, I told her the weird vibe around here, and how I was the only female. My dad jumped in and stated that I should be proud I'm the only female, but it didn't help. They kept bringing up California, as if I lived there. I mean it was my state neighbor, but I didn't live there.

"Alright, I gotta let y'all go, I have work early in the morning" yawning, we said our farewellsand hung up. It was... 10:43 pm. Shit. I hurried and fell asleep.

⑤:⓪⓪ ⒶⓂ

I was half-ready, brushing my H/C into a ponytail. Heading out, I drove to the station, noticing I was a bit too early, so I decided to go toa local donut store, stereotypical, I know. The door opened with a bell hung on it and I walked in. I was walking back to my car after buying the donut, and noticed a big building across, saying, "𝙁𝙍𝙀𝘿𝘽𝙀𝘼𝙍'𝙎 𝙁𝘼𝙈𝙄𝙇𝙔 𝘿𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙍 ''. It had a bear and bunny, and was yellow. I couldn't see the details that far, but it seemed pretty cool.

.
.
.

①⓪:⓪⓪ ⒶⓂ

Everyone was here, saying goodmorning and having stupid converations like, "How's your kids?" , "I heard you and Wendy just got married!", and stupid stuff like that. Well, it isn't stupid, I just felt lonely. The day went by pretty quick, I was mostly in charge of just giving people tickets for the last 2 hours of my shift, the rest was paperwork and organization. I thought I was a cop, not a receptionist. Whatever.