chapter eight

***Hermione’s point of view***

                We walked down to breakfast hand in hand and took our usual seats with a professor McGonnigall smiling at us. We ate in silence but sneaking looks to each other –causing us to giggle into our food- until we had finished our food. We got up and walked out together, closely almost walking as one and turned left towards the main door. We had decided to fly to hogsmeade, even though it was not far, Ginny had recently got a basket for the broom which meant that we could put some things into it.

                We arrived relatively quickly and landed the broom near the three broomsticks. We carefully dismounted and agreed to meet back here in an hour and split going our separate ways. I knew exactly where I had to go. I had already got nearly everyone’s Christmas present apart from one person and I didn’t know what to get her until last night. When she was so scared that she was going to lose me, it came into my head so quickly and stayed there.

                I walked over to the jewellery shop down a small side street that was so beautiful and almost a smaller replica of diagon alley with its old fashioned shops. I stopped at the window looking and saw exactly what I wanted. I knew that I had originally wanted a necklace for her as well and there sitting in the centre was a beautiful silver pendant with two hearts linked together. I walked inside, and there was also a beautiful silver ring, with two hearts combined. I knew what I wanted.

                “Excuse me,” I asked the witch behind the counter. “Yes dear,” she replied. “Please could I have number 234 and number 126? Also could I have the ring inscribed with ‘a promise’ and the necklace ‘forever’ please?” I asked. “Of course honey, that will be twelve galleons” I handed the money over and she inscribed the gifts, wrapped them and handed them too me in an unmarked bag. I walked out the shop with a smile on my face. I had been in there for forty minutes. You know what they say, time fly’s when you are having fun.

***Ginny’s point of view***

                I watched Hermione saunter of and went into hogsmeade flourish and bolts. I also knew what I wanted but had had to wait for the store to have it in since it was rare. I walked up to the store Clarke and she immediately recognised me. “Hello miss Weasley. Ah yes I remember here it is.” She brought out a beautiful leather bound book with a silver thread incrusted through it. I thanked the Clarke and paid seven galleons and twelve knots and took the book which had now been wrapped in clothe and placed in a brown bag.

                I walked to the memorable shop which was placed in cross street. I walked up to the Clarke and placed the book down in front of him. He took the book and flicked through it and then got an instruction leaflet from the shelf and then led me to a desk. I paid five knots and sat down with the book in front looking at the leaflet. I placed the wand to my head and thought of the one thing that I wanted on the front page of the book. I dragged the thought from my head and over to the page letting it seep into the threads, forming a picture. The present was done. I walked back to the three broomsticks to find my lovely brunet waiting for me with two small parcels in her arms. I walked up behind her with mine and wrapped my arms behind her in a hug. “All done my love?” I asked. She nodded and we walked into the three broomsticks together.

                We sat down in a small booth in the corner and the waitress brought over two butter beers on her tray for us. We talked for a while whilst sipping our beers and staring into each other’s eyes. Hermione took a long sip of her butter beer and when she took it away it left a small moustache. I took a look around with a smile on my face. No one was looking. “What’s the matter, why are you laughing? Wait do I have something on my face I do hold on,” she went to wipe it away but I caught her hand in mine and moved it away. I leaned in. “don’t worry I’ve got it” I whispered. And kissed her, engulfing her top lip to cover it and kissed her deep.

                She pulled back smiling, took my hand stood up and walked out with me behind to the broom. We placed our parcels in the basket. Got on the broom and pulled away with her hands wrapped around my waist. We flew back to the castle taking a bit of a detour through the air and eventually arrived in time for dinner. We went to bed and fell asleep in each other’s arms legs tangled together.

A/N- sorry it is a short chapter