"You're going to fill a whole mansion with one little bottle of purple air? You really think that's gonna work?"

"It's denser than it looks! Like some people I know..." She said glaring at me. "I'll be right back, don't do anything stupid." She jumped up into the vents and I waited for her. Something was definitely bothering her. I decided if I was going to go ahead with my plan I needed to make sure Cat was in the best mood possible now that she was here. I watched the cameras for a second while humming Pretend We're Dead. Maybe MJ is right and that is my favorite L7 song. Black Cat climbed back out and blew her hair out of her face in annoyance.

"The Cat Nap should be working in about 5 minutes every guard is gonna be on their ass. So now we just wait." She told me.

"Alright, cool... so do you wanna talk about it?"

"Talk about what?"

"What kicked all that sand into your vagina."

"What?" She asked with irritation in her voice but she didn't sound as mad.

"What's bothering you? You seem tense and upset about something." I stated. She sighed.

"I think I hate all my friends."

"Like your real friends from real life? You know, without the mask?"

"I don't even know if I would call them really my friends. And I'm actually a pretty popular girl outside of all this but I can't stand anyone I know. Except this one girl I know but I kinda resent her, I guess."

"How come?"

"Because she has all of her friends and she doesn't have as many as I do but they all like her for her. She's real and everyone loves her! But I have to play this fucking character and I have to lend people money all the time and I think some of them are just using me to get to my money."

"Well fuck those guys. You don't owe anyone Jack shit. And you don't like them anyways so if they're just a bunch of gold diggers they can go to hell and find another sugar mommy." I said. She lightly chuckled.

"Don't call me a sugar mommy again. Anyways, I guess I'm upset because I don't really fit in. I think I hate everyone. Well, except for this one nerd. My friend I was talking about earlier was telling me about him and how he's nice once you get to know him and he seems like he's into all the same stuff I'm into." We both sat on the windowsill next to each other.

"Like what?"

"For one we hate everyone else. He's into all these punk bands I'm into, not that he'd ever know it. And I kinda envy him too. There's a lot of people that think he's a weirdo like school shooter vibes but he still has a few friends and the few times I've seen him with them they seem to really like him." She sighed again. "I wish I thought of what he did. He's an asshole to everyone and I'm sure his friends were no exception. Almost like he actively tried to weed out the liars and sycophants from his life prematurely."

"Question: what does sycophant mean?"

"Kiss ass yes men that just agree with everything you say because you're rich or famous."

"Are you rich outside of all this?"

"Yes and no. My mom and dad had money when it first got out I was loaded. Then a few months back my mom kicked me out because she found out about all this." She said moving her hands up and down in a motion to look at her suit. She hesitated before telling me a little more. "...My dad was a cat burglar. I loved him and I guess I took after him. I already never forgave my mom for divorcing him. He tried to go clean, he really did. But when you're a notorious convicted felon applying to all the companies that you stole from, not a lot of people are gonna wanna hire you. Because it came so easy for a side piece that pretended she wasn't an accomplice to get a big official job and since she didn't need the money from him anymore, she divorced him and took me with her... last year he died trying to rob Doc Oc." She shed a tear and quickly wiped it away. "That's when I became Black Cat. Thing was my dad was smart. My mom found out eventually and told me to stop idolizing a scumbag! So I left before I hit her and when I came back my clothes were on the lawn. Thankfully, I sell the stuff I don't like all that much to art thieves and I had cash to burn so I got myself a nice little penthouse. And then replacing all of the stuff my mother kept burned through the rest of it. So I live more like a person pretending to be rich now. If funds get too low I have my ways besides burgling."