Running a hand through his face in frustration he swallowed deeply and murmured barely above a whisper,

"Different."

With this, the door of the bathroom was slammed shut whereas her heart raced wildly while looking at the closed door of the bathroom where he went.

Slamming the door shut, Aadarsh let out a loud sigh. Splashing the water on his face he gazed at his reflection in the mirror.

"Shouldn't have happened." He whispered to himself closing his eyes shut and resting his forehead on the mirror.

"Won't happen again." He mumbled to himself.

"Shouldn't happen again!" He chanted to himself before splashing more water on his face.

.....

Here Naina was rooted on her face and only his breathy whisper, ‘Different’ was roaming in her mind again and again.

What did he mean by it?

Is he angry about my choice of clothes?

Is he angry that I did bold makeup?

Mom said that I shouldn't get ready much after marriage as there is no need to get ready if I am already married and I should only get ready if he wants me to.

I should have asked his permission!

What will I do now?

She fidgeted with her fingers nervously while thinking all this, her eyes getting moist thinking that she might have angered him again.

He will be angry again or worst hate me!

She nipped at her bottom lip being anxious. Her train of thoughts came to an end when once again his dark eyes made a contact with hers for the second time today.

His eyes were once again cold and her eyes burned with tears more seeing that.

Thinking he was angry with her.

That she bothered him once again.

Something swirled in his dark eyes sensing the moisture in her gorgeous orbs.

An emotion that was unknown to her and him.

His mind raced thinking of all the possibilities she could be upset about.

Is she hurt because of my actions?

He thought and a sense of realization washed over him.

All this made sense!

His rough behavior hurt her!

He hurt her once again.

A sudden wave of anger build inside him but this time directed towards himself!

It was his fault.

He needed to apologize for his rough behavior.

With a determined mind he stepped towards her but once again his throat dried and his mind went blank.

Not able to form words, he simply clutched her chin this time gently, not wanting to hurt her once again, and made her look in his dark eyes.

The sight of her teary orbs was enough to whirl that suffocating pain inside him.

The feeling was strangling him from inside and increasing his guilt.

Slowly the pad of his thumb wiped the unshed tear in her eyes as his hand caressed her cheek gently.