Chapter Six: Bad Idea

Cora made it to the tech room straight after coming from Jason's room. She didn't really know how to feel after what had happened with Jason.

When Cora got to the room it was just Gar. He was sitting at a computer. Cora cleared her throat and sat down next to him

"Sorry, my phone died. I only got your messages now," Cora lied trying to make it sound natural.

"No, that's fine," Gar replied not even looking at her. Ouch.

"So, uh, what is it we're doing?" Cora asked since it was complete silence.

"Dr Light absorbed all that energy so he has to have a lot of-," Gar started.

"-heat. So we just need to look for some heat signatures, right?" Cora finished.

————————————————————

Moments past in silence. They were both busy typing and moving around on their spinning chairs. Jason entered the room then. He leaned against the keyboard near Cora.

She sighed, "Do you mind?" She muttered. But he didn't hear her or he just didn't care. He can be a bit of an asshole. They kiss but then he throws her out.

The tension in the room seemed so thick. Cora didn't want Gar to find out what she did with Jason. She just hoped Jason would feel the same way.

"Hey," Gar said awkwardly.

"Hey," Jason replied.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah I've been knocked down before," Jason said acting tough.

"Look, uhh, Dick just reacted. He didn't mean anything by it," explained Gar.

"Yeah, he did. Look I know what I am. I'm a dirty little favour to Bruce. And probably why they reopened this place. This scrap heap for rejects," Jason said.

"I'm not a reject," Gar and Cora said in unison. They both looked at each others before Cora quickly looked away at the awkwardness.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean you guys."

"You're not a reject either, Jason. We're- We're Titans," Gar reassured him saying the last bit proudly.

"Hey, can I help you out?" Jason said changing the subject.

"By leaving? Of course," Cora said sarcastically.

"Uh, sure," Gar replied Jason. "We're just looking for heat signatures."

Jason pointed to a black spot on the screen. "What's that?"

"Emergency exits on the Bayline train station," Cora explained leaning back on her chair and pulling her beanie over her eyes. "Underground, so impossible to read."

"Train tunnels must have underground heat sensors in case of a fire," Jason said.

"Good idea," Gar said typing on his keyboard.

Cora pulled her beanie off so she could see. There it was, the hottest heat signature yet.

"What the fuck? Jason actually figured something out. Jason of all people?" Cora said impressed.

"You're amazing, Jason. I think we got him," Gar complemented him. Gar stood up suddenly ready to leave.

"Whoa, where you goin'?" Jason asked.

"To tell Dick."

"I got a better idea. Look, why don't we go take a quick look to make sure? Cause if we're wrong we'll look like assholes," Jason said looking from Cora to Gar.

"Yeah, no!" Gar said walking away.

"Gar, I need this." Gar turned back at this point. "To make things right with Dick. To show him what I can do. What we can do"

"Look, he knows what you can do. You're Batman's guy." Gar pointed out.

"Was. I'm not saying we go rogue. We'll just do some visual verification, lay eyes on the guy and call Dick. Look help me out, guys. I could use a win," Jason said wanting to persuade them more then ever.

"Quick look. Then we call Dick," Gar informed.

"I promise," Jason replied.

"I'm in," Cora said standing up and fixing her beanie.

Cora knew Jason could never keep a promise but wanted to go anyways. The others were always leaving them out on stuff when they could help.

————————————————————

While Jason went to get changed, Gar and Cora were left alone in the hallway. Gar seemed quiet.

"You good?" Cora asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Gar responded.

"But saying you're fine doesn't mean your fine," Cora responded walking closer to him. "Look, if this is about going to look for Dr Light then there's nothing you need to worry ab-"

"Where were you before you came to the tech room?" Gar asked interrupting her.

Cora was left speechless. She didn't know what to say. To tell Gar the truth. Was it such a bad thing she made out with Jason.

"Were you with Jason?" Gar asked when Cora didn't respond.

"Gar I can explain I ju-" but Gar interrupted her again.

"Is he the one who gave you that?" Gar asked.

Cora followed to where his finger was pointing. It was a hickey on her neck. She pulled her jumper up a little more feeling insecure.

"Gar please let me exp-," Cora tried to say but Jason had entered the room in his Robin costume.

"Let's go get this asshole," Jason said pressing the lift button.

"Gar," Cora tried but he just ignored her and walked into the lift. She decided to leave it for now.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:
Okay so a bit of drama. I'm still planning on whether to have Cora stay with Gar and get taken by CADMAS or to let her go back to Gotham. But that's later on so I'm not sure yet. Feel free to recommend ideas. Thanks for your support xx.