"Crows eat everything they see, and that's exactly what you need to be."

Suddenly, her intense disposition disappeared when (Y/N) laughed.

"Oh! By the way, it's not like I'm leaving myself out, it's just because I'm totally not a crow like you guys! I'm a devilish fish from the sea, gwahahaha!"

Some palmed their faces in exasperation while almost everyone... Everyone fell to the ground in disappointment.

You looked so cool, but you're just going to break the moment like that?!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"She's really confusing, huh...?" Yamaguchi mumbled out of the blue, earning the attention of his bespectacled friend beside him.

They were walking to the cafeteria to get their lunch. They had a late lunch because some matches started not as early as expected. They were just glad that they can eat now though. They were famished. And completely exhausted. Karasuno might be much more tired than other teams since they were dealing with a big enigma in their team. She was tolerable, but at most times, her actions would take a huge turn.

"Who do you mean?" Tsukishima inquired. "Ah... you mean (Y/N)."

"Ah, yeah, (Y/N)-san." Yamaguchi nodded. He's not giving her a demeaning nickname? Well, this was actually the first time he heard Tsukishima call (Y/N) by his name, so he didn't question it. He sweatdropped afterwards, knowing the reason why. Tsukki probably doesn't know how to deal with her...?

"Yeah, she's really confusing, but she isn't the type to say things like that without a reason," Tsukishima said. Yamaguchi's almost visibly jaw dropped. His friend was speaking highly of someone? Wasn't he just teasing (Y/N) for getting into detention in the first day of school? Tsukishima looked forward and continued speaking, "I think only Sawamura-san and the King has noticed, however she actually acts dumb on purpose."

"Eh? Really?" Yamaguchi was shocked to hear that information.

Tsukishima nodded. "Hn. Yachi-san probably knows, too. And Hinata, surprisingly. I don't know why she does it though."

"Now that you mention it..." The green-haired pinch server recalled their medical journalist scolding Hinata earlier. "When she was talking to Hinata at the match earlier, her speech suddenly changed. It was kinda more formal and serious...? I don't know, but I even thought that kind of speech kinda suited her more. I really like (Y/N)-san for how crazy she is though," he said, chuckling.

The sides of Tsukishima's lips twitched upward. "That's true."

"Tsukishima? Yamaguchi? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be eating?" They flinched to hear the voice of the person they were just talking about. They relaxed after seeing her in casual clothes. She was wearing a oversized hoodie and shorts that reached above her knees. Still, Yamaguchi couldn't help to flush at the sight of the medical journalist. Her tied (H/C) hair from earlier was now removed and quite soaked because of the sweat, but it somehow made her prettier than he thought.

Yamaguchi flinched when he felt a hand on his forehead. "Hey, you're kinda red, you alright, Yamaguchi?" (Y/N) froze when she felt him stiffen and swiftly retracted her hand away from him. She waved her hands in front of her. "So sorry about that! I was worried that you have a fever so I ended up touching you. Ah...! I'm really sorry, I should have asked for permission," she said.

Tsukishima simply looked down at her impassively. "Don't worry about him, he's not sick." Well, he couldn't blame Yamaguchi. Even though (Y/N) was an anomaly that nobody could understand, she still had the looks. It wasn't noticeable at first, but seeing her hair in an up-do earlier made him think that (Y/N) could easily become popular with just her looks. However, her strange and troublemaker reputation probably diminished on what she looked like.

𝐃𝐞𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐧 | 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐮𝐮 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें